Historical Data Volumes View
Use the Volumes view to display interaction volumes within imported or collected historical data. This view provides standard date-selection controls and a grid that shows statistics for days or timesteps. See the toolbar image here and the button descriptions below.
Displaying the Volumes View
To display the Volumes view:
- From the Home menu on the toolbar, select Forecast.
- From the Forecast menu on the toolbar, select Historical Data.
- From the Historical Data menu on the toolbar, select Volumes.
- In the Objects tree, select an activity, multi-site activity, Site, Business Unit, or Enterprise.
The view displays a graph above a table, each containing the same statistics, and controls that set the data display properties for the graph and table.
Setting the Data Display Properties and Date Range
Use these controls to customize the data display in the graph and table:
- Period drop-down list—Change the time range for the graph and the grid by selecting Year, Month, or Week. If you select Week, you can further adjust each row's time range by selecting 15, 30, or 60 (minutes) from the Granularity drop-down list.
- Show Statistics drop-down list—Specify what data is displayed in the graph and table by selecting from these choices: Interaction Volume, AHT, Interaction Volume and AHT.
- Show Columns check boxes—Show (or hide) data columns in the table by selecting or clearing the Volume, Volume %, and AHT check boxes.
- Use standard date-selection controls (in the upper right portion of the window) to jump to a different week within the Master Forecast's date range.
Reading the Data
The table provides columns that display the following statistics:
|Week/Time Step||Identifies the range of dates or timesteps on this row. (The column's label and contents depend on the date range and granularity that you selected above.)|
|[Days or Dates]|| If you select the Month date range, each group of columns shows statistics for one full day.
If you select the Week date range, each group of columns indicates one date, the top row shows daily totals, and each lower row shows statistics for one timestep on that date.
(Timestep durations depend on the granularity that you selected above.)
|IV||Shows the interaction volume forecast for each day or timestep.|
|IV%||Shows this row's percentage of the day's total interaction volume.|
|AHT||Shows the average handling time.|
|Weekly Totals||If you select the Month date range, these columns show weekly totals, or averages, for the IV, IV%, and AHT statistics.|
To Edit the Weekly Totals
If you selected the period Year or Month, you can click inside the Weekly Totals cell and edit the value there. Daily values in the same row will automatically adjust their values so that the new Weekly Total is redistributed according to the original distribution of volume for each day of the week. This is useful if you have a week, in which you believe the volume will be increased, but you expect the volume to arrive at about the same rate as in your original forecast, day-over-day.
Save and Calculation Options
You can use the following buttons on the toolbar (these commands also appear in the Actions menu):
|Save|| Save changes that you have made to the data.
Save appears in the toolbar and in the Actions menu only if you have permission to edit historical data. To set that permission:
|Save As Template|| Opens the Save as Template Wizard, where you can save historical data as a forecast template.
When you save historical IV or AHT for a multi-site activity as a template, only multi-site activity data are saved, never the sum of underlying activities.
|Use Multi-Site Activities|| Controls whether WFM Web's calculation of aggregated information includes multi-site activities. You can select this button only if you first select a multi-site activity, Business Unit, or Enterprise in the Objects tree.
If you set this button to On, WFM retains your last selection—in the current view and for all other views that contain multi-site activities—preventing you from having to click it every time you want to display data for the selected multi-site activity.
Find Events Wizard
|Find Events||Click this button (or select Find Events from the Actions menu) to search for special events in historical data, using the Find Events Wizard.|