Configuring Skills for Activities
Note the following information about skills:
- If you add a skill to an activity, only agents with that skill are scheduled for that activity.
- If you associate multiple skills with an activity, agents must have all of the skills to work on the activity.
- An activity may include more than one skill, or it may represent a particular skill level.
Skills Security Features
Only the skills that the current user is authorized to access in Genesys Administrator are visible.
If a user's security access has changed so that he or she can no longer access certain skills, those skills are still visible; but the user whose access was changed cannot add, delete, or modify them.
Adding Skills to an Activity
To add a skill to an activity:
- In the Activities pane, select the activity, to which you want to add skills.
- At the top of the Activities Properties pane, click Skills.
- When the Skills pane opens, click Add Skills to an Activity .
- In the Skills pane, assign the minimum and maximum skill levels.
- Skill Minimum Level—A minimum skill level value required for an agent with this skill to perform this activity. Define whatever range is appropriate for each skill, such as 1 to 10 or 1 to 100. The range should be consistent with the range used in Genesys Administrator.
- Skill Maximum Level—A maximum skill-level value required for an agent with this skill to perform this activity.
- In the list of skills, select those that you want to associate with this activity.
To quickly find a skill, you can enter search criteria into the Search field (for example, the skill name).ImportantYou must define skills in Genesys Administrator before they appear in this list.
- When you have finished selecting skills, click Apply .
Deleting Skills Associated With an Activity
To delete a skill: