Configuring Skills for Activities
Use the Skills pane to add, or delete skills that are associated with an activity.
Note the following information about skills:
- If you add a skill to an activity, only agents with that skill are scheduled for that activity.
- If you associate multiple skills with an activity, agents must have all of the skills to work on the activity.
- An activity may include more than one skill, or it may represent a particular skill level.
ImportantAgents are associated with skills in Genesys Administrator, not in the Workforce Management. Workforce Manager Skills are identical to Genesys Administrator Skills objects and become available in Workforce Management after synchronization with Genesys Administrator.
Skills Security Features
Only the skills that the current user is authorized to access in Genesys Administrator are visible.
If a user's security access has changed so that he or she can no longer access certain skills, those skills are still visible; but the user whose access was changed cannot add, delete, or modify them.
Adding Skills to an Activity
To add a skill to an activity:
- In the Activities pane, select the activity, to which you want to add skills.
- At the top of the Activities Properties pane, click Skills.
- When the Skills pane opens, click Add Skills to an Activity .
- In the Skills pane, assign the minimum and maximum skill levels.
- Skill Minimum Level—A minimum skill level value required for an agent with this skill to perform this activity. Define whatever range is appropriate for each skill, such as 1 to 10 or 1 to 100. The range should be consistent with the range used in Genesys Administrator.
- Skill Maximum Level—A maximum skill-level value required for an agent with this skill to perform this activity.
- In the list of skills, select those that you want to associate with this activity.
To quickly find a skill, you can enter search criteria into the Search field (for example, the skill name).ImportantYou must define skills in Genesys Administrator before they appear in this list.
- When you have finished selecting skills, click Apply .
Deleting Skills Associated With an Activity
To delete a skill:
- In the Skills pane, select the skill you want to delete.
To quickly find a skill, you can enter search criteria into the Search field (for example, the skill name).
- Click Delete .
- When you have finished deleting skills, click Save Now .
This page was last edited on May 4, 2021, at 20:27.
Comments or questions about this documentation? Contact us for support!