NFW: General Parameters
Use the General Parameters screen in the New Forecast Wizard (NFW) to define your new forecast's name, dates, and other basic information.
- In the Name text box, enter a name for the forecast scenario.
- If you want to base this scenario on one that already exists, select the existing scenario (or the Master Forecast) from the Based on drop-down list. Otherwise keep None to create a scenario with no forecast numbers. You can then use the Volumes Build Wizard to populate the forecast.
Basing your new scenario on an existing scenario is a convenient way to build forecasts with frequently used settings. The wizard takes the dates activities from the source scenario, and applies them to the new scenario. You can then change these parameters.
- In the Start date and End date text boxes, enter the scenario's start and end dates.
You can type directly into each text box, use the up or down arrow to modify the displayed date, or click the button at right to display a calendar.TipThe scenario's date range cannot be more than two years.
- If you want to fill the new scenario with data from the source (Based on) scenario, select the Copy Data check box.
If you did not select a value from the Based on drop-down list, this check box is disabled.
- If you want this scenario to be available to other WFM users, select Shared.
- If you want to enter comments about this scenario, use the Comments text box.
- Click Next to proceed to the next screen.
This page was last modified on April 29, 2016, at 16:43.