When downloading content, you may encounter issues that are easily resolved. If these tips don't help, please Contact Us, and we will try to send you the file directly.
Downloading Help files
Save the Help file to your local hard drive, and uncompress (extract) it to an empty folder. To open the Help file, open the folder into which the .zip file was extracted, then do one of the following:
- If there is only one file in the folder, click that file.
- If there is more than one file in the folder, click the <name of compressed file>.htm file.
Viewing Help files
If, when you open the Help file, the contents do not display in the right window, consider the following:
- Are you trying to open the file on a remote computer? If so, copy it to your local machine. Due to a Microsoft security update, you cannot properly view a HTML-based (CHM) Help if it is located on another machine on your network.
- What is your permissions setting? Right-click the file, select Properties from the context menu, look for an Unblock button, and click it.
All Genesys software is © Copyright 2017 Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including copyrights, can be found here.
Genesys and the Genesys logo are registered trademarks of Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. in the U.S.A. and other countries. Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including all trademarks, can be found here.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Software
Genesys follows applicable third-party redistribution policies to the extent that Genesys solutions utilize third-party functionality. Please contact your customer care representative if you have any questions.
NOTICE OF RESTRICTED RIGHTS FOR ORACLE PRODUCTS LICENSED TO THE US GOVERNMENT Oracle Programs delivered to the United States government subject to the DOD FAR Supplement are 'commercial computer software' and use, duplication, and disclosure of the programs, including documentation, shall be subject to the licensing restrictions set forth in the applicable license agreement therefor. Otherwise, Oracle programs delivered subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulations are 'restricted computer software' and use, duplication, and disclosure of the programs, including documentation, shall be subject to the restrictions in FAR 52.227-19, Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights (June 1987). Oracle USA, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
Genesys Customer Care links:
Information on supported hardware and third-party software is here:
Genesys Pulse Product Alerts
- Genesys does not recommend installation of its components via a Microsoft Remote Desktop connection. The installation should be performed locally.
- Genesys Pulse 8.5.104 requires Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) release 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- Genesys Pulse 8.5.1 requires Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) release 8.5.000.68 or higher.
- Genesys Pulse 8.5.010 requires Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) release 8.5.000.68.
- Genesys Pulse 8.5.000 requires Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) release 8.5.000.44.
New in Release 8.5.0
- Genesys Pulse has an enhanced design that includes these usability improvements:
- Multiple dashboard views that are managed by using tabs
- Ability to export widget data in CSV (comma-separated values) format
- A new Grid widget
- On KPI widgets, the ability to scroll through multiple statistics for single objects.
- On Donut widgets, the ability to display multiple objects and multiple statistics.
- On List widgets, the ability to display multiple statistics for one object and one statistic for multiple objects.
- Option to display Agent Status with an icon instead of text
- 15-second widget refresh rate
- Line charts
- Predefined templates for email, SMS, chat, social media, outbound, and iWD
- Monitors additional object type of DN Group, Routing Points
- A symbol at the end of a statistic name to indicate when statistics already have configured thresholds during threshold selection
- 24-hour period statistic or object trends, so you can verify service levels or call trends and adjust staffing or routing
- The Genesys Pulse Deployment Guide describes additional Genesys Pulse Collector options.
- Genesys Pulse now supports:
- MS SQL Server 2012 and Oracle 12c databases
- Genesys Pulse supports Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer 11
- Localization support — Genesys Pulse supports the following localizations:
- Arabic: 8.5.000.00
- Chinese (Simplified): 8.5.000.00
- Czech: 8.5.000.01
- French: 8.5.000.01
- French Canadian: 8.5.000.01
- German: 8.5.000.00
- Italian: 8.5.000.00
- Japanese: 8.5.000.00
- Korean: 8.5.000.00
- Polish: 8.5.000.01
- Portuguese: 8.5.000.01
- Russian: 8.5.000.01
- Spanish: 8.5.000.02
- Turkish: 8.5.000.00
New in Release 8.5.01
- You can now create external data for display in Genesys Pulse by using the Genesys Pulse Restful Web Service API.
- Genesys Pulse can now report data for Context Services activities with the GMS collector integrating Data Depot and Genesys Pulse.
- Widgets now rapidly refresh statistics that have change-based notifications, at a speed depending on factors such as network speed, system load, and number of updates.
- Genesys Pulse now provides a migration tool to enable migration from releases 8.5.000 and 8.1.4 to release 8.5.010.
New in Release 8.5.1
- Widget Management. You can track the number of dashboards and widgets used by supervisors with additional information related to the widgets (last modified date) in a consolidated view.
- You can import and export Pulse Dashboards, Wallboards, and Widget Templates from one environment to another.
- You can move Pulse Dashboards, Wallboards, and Widget Templates from one location to another in the central repository.
- User Interface
- Wallboard mode. Enhancements have been brought to the Wallboard display mode including the ability to display broadcast information to its audience. This message can scroll like a news feed message and can be edited by Administrators.
- Wallboard mode. The responsiveness of the grid is improved.
- Visualization plugin. Pulse can display additional visualizations based on its new modular mechanism to add new visualization plugins.
- Menu integration. Pulse can embed any third-party website in the Navigation bar with custom links.
- The Donut widget can display up to 10 statistics. The value in the center can be none, total, average, maximum, and minimum of the statistics displayed.
- Users can change the size of the Donut widget.
- The Grid widget and Data view provide quick search to filter agents based on their status.
- Wallboards can display an IFRAME widget.
- Color-coded agent status icons improve visibility of Agent status.
- A new line chart widget displays intraday KPI trends over time on the dashboard.
- An adjustable grid widget provides ability to resize the column width on the dashboard.
- Architecture, Configuration, and Provisioning
- You can manually specify which Collector (and indirectly, which Stat Server) should be used to calculate the statistics of a predefined templates which prevents you from defining all the same statistics on different collector units (Collector and Stat server).
- Virtualization of the process - Docker ready.
- You can change basic styles with custom js and css files to apply a new set of colors for the Pulse instance.
- Real-time updates for Stat Server changes-based notification metrics
- You can give additional focus to sensitive KPIs with a refresh rate below 2-3s.
- Supervisors can visualize at-a-glance their current workforce status in real-time to make the right decisions at the right time.
- 3rd party integration
- Display an iFrame widget to embed external html pages or reports (for example, weather forecast or corporate events).
- Genesys Pulse administration tool
- Migrate from releases 8.5 and 8.1.4 to release 8.5.01x and later.
- Read, Edit, Clone, and Delete Genesys Pulse layouts or widgets with the command line.
- Localization support — Genesys Pulse supports the following localizations:
- Arabic: 8.5.108.00
- Chinese (Simplified): 8.5.108.00
- Czech: 8.5.108.00
- French: 8.5.108.00
- French Canadian: 8.5.108.00
- German: 8.5.108.00
- Italian: 8.5.108.00
- Japanese: 8.5.108.00
- Korean: 8.5.108.00
- Polish: 8.5.108.00
- Portuguese: 8.5.108.00
- Russian: 8.5.108.00
- Spanish: 8.5.108.00
- Turkish: 8.5.108.00
- System requirements
- Support for MS SQL Server 2014
- Support for MS SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition
- Support for Windows Server 2016
Genesys Pulse is a widget-driven, graphical user application, which is accessible from a web browser as a Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) plug-in application. Using a direct communication link to a real-time metrics engine, Stat Server, Genesys Pulse enables at-a-glance views of real-time contact center statistics within the GAX user interface.
Genesys Pulse falls under the Business Optimization Analytics solution of the PureEngage offering.
Use this document for an overview of Genesys Pulse and to deploy Genesys Pulse.
Use this document for a visual introduction to using Genesys Pulse.
Use this document for migration information.
Use this document for Genesys Pulse hardware sizing and performance information.
Genesys Pulse Templates
[+] More videos
More Release Information