All Genesys software is © Copyright 2013-2018 Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including copyrights, can be found here.
Genesys and the Genesys logo are registered trademarks of Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. in the U.S.A. and other countries. Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including all trademarks, can be found here.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Software
Genesys follows applicable third-party redistribution policies to the extent that Genesys solutions utilize third-party functionality. Please contact your customer care representative if you have any questions.
Portions utilize Microsoft Windows Media Technologies. Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
This product includes FFMpeg under the GPL2+ and LGPL2.1 licenses.
This product contains software “Chardet Library” maintained by Dan Blanchard distributed under the terms of Lesser GNU Public License. Source Code for Chardet Library is available upon request.
This product includes NSS under the MPL 2.0 license. Source code available upon request.
This product includes NSPR under the MPL 2.0 license. Source code available upon request.
NOTICE OF RESTRICTED RIGHTS FOR ORACLE PRODUCTS LICENSED TO THE US GOVERNMENT Oracle Programs delivered to the United States government subject to the DOD FAR Supplement are 'commercial computer software' and use, duplication, and disclosure of the programs, including documentation, shall be subject to the licensing restrictions set forth in the applicable license agreement therefor. Otherwise, Oracle programs delivered subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulations are 'restricted computer software' and use, duplication, and disclosure of the programs, including documentation, shall be subject to the restrictions in FAR 52.227- 19, Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights (June 1987). Oracle USA, Inc., 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.
Genesys Customer Care links:
Information on supported hardware and third-party software is here:
Genesys Interaction Recording 8.5 Product Alerts
- If you are using Screen Recording and Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) versions 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199, and the api-voice feature is not enabled, then screen recordings will not be muxed properly and will be unavailable via the SpeechMiner UI.
As a workaround, follow the steps below to enable the api-voice feature and mux the recordings not previously muxed: [+] Display Workaround
- The 188.8.131.52 release of Genesys Web Services and Applications is not supported with the Genesys Interaction Recording Solution.
- Due to an issue with maxLogSize and the SR Service (SRS), customers using SRS version 184.108.40.206 must upgrade to 8.5.302.10.
- If using Attached Data filtering for MLM, it will not work as expected if ACW is enabled.
- A screen recording does not end when the agent's status changes from After Call Work (ACW) to Logged Out; instead, it stops when the agent logs back in.
- The Screen Recording Service's Communication Plugin for Workspace Web Edition does not support re-connection attempts to the Screen Recording Service's IPv6 Address if a connection to the IPv4 Address fails, and vice versa. The Screen Recording Service's Communication Plugin for Workspace Web Edition performs no checks of the Screen Recording Service's address.
- The SpeechMiner system is non-mission-critical, and, because of the other solution redundancy that ensures no data is lost in the event of an outage, no load balancing is tested with SpeechMiner. For information about High Availability options, see Scalability and High Availability topic of the Genesys Interaction Recording Solution Guide.
- The primary Recording Crypto Server node must be active for archiving to occur regardless of whether or not the system is configured in HA mode. If the primary node is down, archiving will be delayed. If the primary node is expected to be inactive for an extended period of time, it is recommended that the backup node be reconfigured as primary.
- Genesys Interaction Recording does not support user names with leading white spaces or with NULL values.
- If you are using Apache httpd for WebDAV with large deployments (more than 100 agents), a single folder with many files might have a significant performance impact to the successful and timely execution of regular linux command line tools (for example, ls), as well as a negative performance impact to the Apache httpd process. Genesys recommends that you configure folder hierarchy as described here.
- Blended agents (agents that can take both voice and non-voice interactions) are supported.
- If an agent is configured to handle voice calls, Genesys Interaction Recording records both the audio and screen only for the duration of the voice interaction.
- If an agent is configured to handle non-voice interactions (email/chat), Genesys Interaction Recording records only the screen according to the recordingWhen rule.
- If an agent is configured to handle BOTH voice calls and non-voice interactions, Genesys Interaction Recording records both the audio and screen only for the duration of the voice call. No non-voice interactions will be recorded.
- The Screen Recording Service, a new Genesys Interaction Recording component for the 8.5.2 release, has the following limitations:
- The Screen Recording Service must be installed directly on the Agent’s desktop, and the agent must work directly on that desktop for the screen recording to be properly processed. If an agent intends to work remotely (for example, from home), using a remote desktop utility connection to the system on which the client is installed (for example, at the office), the screen recordings will not be processed.
- The Screen Recording Service has 2-hour limit for standard quality and 3-hour for low video quality screen recordings.
- The Screen Recording View of the SpeechMiner UI enables access to voice screen recordings regardless of the access control settings.
- Genesys now provides an API for third-party Agent Desktop application integration to automatically authenticate an agent.
- Playback of the screen recordings are limited to the file prior to the pause event. Click the Play button to continue the playback.
- Playback of multi-segment screen recording voice-calls is limited to the first segment or to one segment at a time.
- For the Screen Recording Service to work reliably, a stable connection to Web Services is required. If Web Services must be restarted, Genesys recommends that you also restart the Screen Recording Service.
- When configuring encryption, the backup of the private key is your responsibility. If the private key becomes lost or corrupted, any recording encrypted using that key will become unusable.
- All the Genesys Interaction Recording components must have synchronized clocks to avoid delays in the availability of recordings.
- Genesys recommends deploying a Network Time Server (NTS) to ensure all components are time synchronized.
- In rare cases, the index file of the primary system (in an HA configuration) is corrupted in such a way that automated failover to the backup system does not happen. Manual actions need to be taken using the SpeechMiner SMConfig to promote the backup system to primary role until the index file can be fixed.
- SpeechMiner for Genesys Interaction Recording requires a recording-only license.
- The Genesys Interaction Recording solution supports a one-to-one mapping between the AgentID and the Agent hierarchy/name. SpeechMiner does not allow two agents with the same name.
- Genesys Interaction Recording access control is not assigned based on agents if trunk-side recording is used.
- If Workspace Web Edition (WWE) and Screen Recording Service sessions are handled by separate instances of Genesys Web Services and the agent logs off without exiting WWE first, Genesys Web Services will be unable to send a StopRecording event to the Screen Recordings Service for non-voice channels triggered by Ready and Logged in.
Workaround: Do not use Log Off from the top menu or from the agent's channels view. Instead, use the Exit option.
New in Release 8.5.0
- Recording control via DN and Routing Strategy configuration.
- Supports both Cloud and Premise.
- Support for .wav G.711 stereo files only.
- Support for metadata:
- Date, Time
New in Release 8.5.1
- Support for multi-site call recording and retrieval.
- Support for full encryption.
- Support for archival and retrieval of recording files.
- Support for MP3 stereo files (in addition to .wav G.711 stereo files) which provides better compressed storage.
- A unified UI across Call Recording, Quality Managment, and Speech and Text Analytics.
- Support for policy based recording by Tenant and Line of Business.
- Support for administration and maintenance of recordings with Genesys Administrator Extension.
New in Release 8.5.2
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.221.01—April 01, 2019:
- The scan and scroll method of Elasticsearch is now supported for MLM with Elasticsearch v2 schema. For large scale deployments, enable the scan and scroll option to improve performance of MLM.
- The default number of shards for new deployments with Elasticsearch v2 schema is 12. The existing deployments with the current number of shards are also supported.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.221.00:
- January 11, 2019, contains resolved issues only.
- December 20, 2018:
A new multi-threaded microservice, Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR) Voice Processor, is introduced. The Voice Processor can be used instead of the Recording Processor Script (RPS) which is currently in use. GIR needs Voice Processor to process recording metadata from Media Control Platform (MCP), combine this metadata with data collected from Genesys Info Mart (GIM), and forward the result to Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) and SpeechMiner Interaction Receiver (SM IR). For information on how to deploy the Voice Processor, see Deploying Voice Processor.ImportantNote that Voice Processor is under shipping control by the Genesys Product Management team. Currently, we advise that RPS should still be your preferred component to install as part of a GIR installation or upgrade. Only consider seeking approval to use Voice Processor instead of RPS when scalability of the deployment is of concern, or your deployment requires SIP Cluster support.
Customers with an existing RPS deployment can migrate to the Voice Processor using the instructions provided in the Migrating from RPS to Voice Processor section.
- November 09, 2018:
Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) now includes new parameters for a search API used by Recording Muxer Script. Recording Muxer Script uses these parameters when receiving call recordings from RWS.
Release 8.5.220.00 —August 28, 2018, contains resolved issues only.
Release 8.5.219.02—June 04, 2018 (initially released as 8.5.219.01 on May 17, 2018), contains resolved issues only.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.218.00—December 15, 2017:
- Interaction Recording now has a new call recording metadata attribute to indicate if a call recording has a related screen recording available (screenRecording). In addition, if a screen recording is associated with a call recording, a new screen recording metadata attribute (callRecordingId) indicates the associated call recording. These metadata values are only populated for new recordings moving forward. All older interactions will indicate that there is no associated screen recording.
- Screen Recording Service (SRS) now uses updated versions of Python and OpenSSL.
- SRS now supports a configurable parameter to ignore errors that occur during certificate verification for screen recording encryption.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.217.00—September 27, 2017:
- A guide to using the Screen Recording API is available in the Genesys Interaction Recording API Reference. This information can be used to integrate a third-party desktop with screen recording functionality.
- The following GIR components now support configurable certificate validation when making outbound TLS connections: Interaction Recording Web Services, Recording Muxer Script, Recording Plug-in for GAX, Recording Crypto Server, and Interaction Recording LVR Recovery Script.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.216.01—July 14, 2017:
- Support for automated recovery of recordings with a new Lost Voice Recording (LVR) Recovery Script component. See Automated Recovery of Recordings for details.
- Multi-site disaster recovery support for screen recording with the Screen Recording Service (SRS) and Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) when Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE) version 220.127.116.11 or later is used.
- Support for the new Delete Recording by ID API in Interaction Recording Web Services. See Genesys Interaction Recording API for details.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.215.00—June 28, 2017:
- The following GIR components now support RHEL 7: Interaction Recording Web Services, Recording Muxer Script, Recording Plug-in for GAX, and Recording Crypto Server.
- You can now manage the life cycle of voice recordings by using interaction labels. For more information, refer to Creating a Rule and Recording Lifecycle Scheduler Parameters.
- The Elasticsearch templates (call_recordingv2_template.json and screen_recordingv2_template.json) have been updated. Deploy the new versions of these templates to the Elasticsearch cluster so that when an index is created, the new index template is used. Re-indexing is not required after this step.
- Interaction Recording Web Services now supports two new APIs: Get Recording by ID and Get Recording Media by ID. For more information, refer to Genesys Interaction Recording API.
- Interaction Recording Web Services now supports using Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 as an alternative to the Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.8.
- The SFDC Gplus Adapter now supports screen recording with the SR Service.
- When you delete an interaction in SpeechMiner, its associated voice recording and screen recording files are now also deleted.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.214.03—April 28, 2017:
- Interaction Recording Web Services (RWS) now supports MLM backup in unzipped format to both the Windows and Linux file systems. To perform unzipped backup to a Windows file system, make sure the useFullPathInMediaFileBackup option is set to false. For more information on this option, refer to the following sections: Media Lifecycle Management Archive Structure, backgroundScheduledMediaOperationsSettings, and Recording Lifecycle Scheduler Parameters.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.214.02—March 29, 2017:
- For new installations or new tenants in existing installations the Elasticsearch schema version 2 will be used by default. For an existing installation, this support for this version requires that you perform the migration steps described in the Migrating an Existing Elasticsearch Deployment to Schema V2 section as part of upgrading to this release.
- GIR now supports the ability to tag interactions, and to protect them from being deleted, through SpeechMiner.
You can also create and apply tags using the labels API, and protect recordings from deletion using the non-delete API. See Recording Label API and Recording Non-Deletion API.
Note that to use the new SpeechMiner functionality, the “RWS URI” field in the Recording tab of SMConfig must be configured; refer to Deploying SpeechMiner for GIR for details.
- The Recording Lifecycle Scheduler (in Media Lifecycle Management) now supports storing backup (archive) files in unzipped format and zipped format. See the setting in the RLS dialog box on this page and a description on this page.
- Genesys Interaction Recording now supports remote recording of established calls, using the recording capabilities of SIP Server version 18.104.22.168 or later with T-Server for Skype for Business version 8.5.001.17 or later.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.213.04—December 20, 2016:
- The Recording Muxer Script and Recording Processor Script now support passing password-related configuration values using environment variables, on both Windows and Linux.
- Support for registering multiple DNs with the Screen Recording Service, with desktops, via the SRS login API.
Note: Required: the agent desktop must support using multiple DNs and Hot Seating with the Screen Recording Service. For additional information, refer to your Agent Desktop documentation.
- Support for Cassandra 2.2. Support continues for Cassandra 1.2, but Genesys recommends version 2.2. See Deploying Cassandra 2.x.
- Support for Setting up the Load Balancer in a Premise Multi-tenant Environment.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.03—September 27, 2016:
- Configuration support for Disposition Codes in GIR metadata filters.
- Web Services and Applications is now supported by Genesys Interaction Recording in the same environment.
- Java 8 support for Recording Plug-in for GAX and Recording Crypto Server (RCS).
- Support for Hot Seating for the SR Service with desktops via the SRS login API. Note: This support requires that the agent desktop supports Hot Seating with the Screen Recording Service. For additional information, refer to your Agent Desktop documentation.
- Support for Play application level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) recording.
- Support for Horizontal Scaling of the Recording Muxer Script.
- The Recording Muxer Script now supports the SR Service Nightly Upload.
- Ad Hoc download of encrypted media assets.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.02—August 15, 2016:
- The Encrypt Exported Interactions feature enables you to encrypt exported interactions, so that a password is required to access the interactions. By default, exported interactions are now encrypted after upgrading SpeechMiner to 8.5.504.02.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.212.01—July 11, 2016:
- The slowMachine parameter is now deprecated, and is replaced by the new vlcCloseTimeout parameter.
- The SR Service will now retry to upload all failed recordings after the next restart.
- Support for SRS on VMware Horizon 7 using the RDP protocol.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.211.01—June 29, 2016:
- Support for a multi-tenant configuration server for GIR Screen Recording.
- Support for a multi-tenant configuration server for multi-tenant objects.
- Support for partitions per interaction segment.
- Interaction Recording Web Services replaces the Web Services and Applications prerequisites for the Genesys Interaction Recording solution. It includes all Interaction Recording related Web Services features that are available in Web Services and Applications releases up to 22.214.171.124—for example, storing and managing recording files. It does not provide API support for non-GIR related Web Services, such as Workspace Web Edition.
- Interaction Recording Web Services includes a new option (sessionCookieName). This new option can be used to define the name of the session cookie used by Interaction Recording Web Services.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.210.01—April 1, 2016:
- Windows Server 2012 support for Screen Recording (SR) Service Citrix.
- Muxer can now rely on the Query Call Recording API to only return call recordings that match the searching criteria specified by the new configuration call_recording_extra_query_string.
- Support for Voice Recording reports.
- Support for enabling the user to view SR Service error messages.
- Support for filtering meta data fields from ICON.
- Support for a new SR Service report that summarizes all the Screen Recording client connections.
- ADDP support for the configuration server in the Recording Cryto Server (RCS).
- Documentation of the Recording Processor Script (RPS) error logs and actions.
- Sizing Tool update that now includes numbers for decryption of media through HTCC.
- The SR Service installation package is now signed.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.209.01—February 01, 2016:
- Citrix is now supported on Windows 2008 R2 for Screen Recording Service.
- Support for Screen Recording Service on Windows 10 (32-bit + 64-bit).
- Support for Screen Recording Service Windows 8 / 8.1 32-bit.
- Recording Processor Script now supports RedHat 7.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.208.01—December 18, 2015:
- Information about minimum recommended versions was added to the GIR Solution Guide.
- API documentation about recording search and playback is now published.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.207.01—October 2, 2015:
- Support for Screen Recording Service on Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 8 64-bit.
- Support for 8 kbps mp3 compression for mono voice recording.
- Support for video file size/compression optimization.
- Ability to filter on user data when scheduling purge and backup tasks.
- Ability to audit Media Lifecycle Management.
- Ability to decrypt media files through Web Services.
- Ability to enable pre-recording and selective pre-recording.
- Ability to recover failed metadata from the Recording Processor.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.206.01—June 30, 2015:
- Ability to filter on call type when scheduling purge and backup tasks.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.205.01—April 15, 2015:
- Support for backing up and purging recording files.
- Support for a single ICON Database configured to service multiple sites.
- Support for screen recording client for Workspace Desktop Edition.
- Enhanced SpeechMiner player.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.204.01—January 16, 2015:
- Support for screen recording when in After Call Work state.
- Support for screen recording client authentication for Workspace Web Edition.
- Support for MP3 files that use 16kbps for bitrate compression.
- Support for dual monitor screen recording.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.203.01—November 3, 2014:
- Support for screen recording encryption.
- Support for percentage based screen recording for voice agents.
- Support for Windows 2012 (except for Web Services).
- Support for Oracle ICON databases.
- Ability to display the number of recorded segments within multi-segmented interactions.
- Ability to display the Business Terminology in SpeechMiner's Meta Data Manager.
- Support for Screen Recording Client authentication with the Screen Recording API.
Some of the primary new features added in release 8.5.200.01—September 18, 2014:
- Support for screen recording.
- Support for multiple screen recording storage locations within a single tenant environment.
Genesys Interaction Recording—Voice Edition
Genesys Interaction Recording is a compliance and control platform based on Genesys SIP, Tlib protocol, and the Genesys proprietary event model. Fully integrated to the CIM platform, Genesys Interaction Recording provides economies and powerful recording control via a host of integrations across the suite. Interaction recording uses Media Stream Replication (MSR) with Dual Channel Recording. SIP sessions to the recorder provide basic call information and voice (Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)) data. MSR is where Media Server replicates the RTPs and makes them available to the recording server. Additional events and information are provided by the T-Server part of SIP Server and T-Servers themselves.
Genesys Interaction Recording falls under the Employee Engagement Workforce Optimization solution of the PureEngage offering.
Use this document to configure your call recording solution.
Use this document to learn how to use the Recording Plug-in for GAX.
Use this document to learn how to write agent applications that provide screen recording-related features.
Use this document to migrate from Web Services and Applications to Interaction Recording Web Services, and to upgrade Interaction Recording Web Services.
GIR Sizing Tool
Related Product Documents
Click here for the Genesys Cloud documents.
Click here for the Management Framework documents.
Click here for the Genesys Media Server documents.
Click here for the Genesys Voice Platform documents.
Click here for the SIP Server documents.
Click here for the Workspace documents.
Click here to download the SpeechMiner User Manual.
Click here for the ICON documents.
Click here for the Genesys Administrator Extension documents.