All Genesys software is © Copyright 2014 – 2018 Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including copyrights, can be found here.
Genesys and the Genesys logo are registered trademarks of Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc. in the U.S.A. and other countries. Complete information about Genesys proprietary intellectual property, including all trademarks, can be found here.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Software
Genesys follows applicable third-party redistribution policies to the extent that Genesys solutions utilize third-party functionality. Please contact your customer care representative if you have any questions.
Genesys Customer Care links:
Information on supported hardware and third-party software is here:
New in Release 8.5.0
- Targeted for cloud agents and on-premises custom desktops
- An add-on SIP endpoint for the agent desktop to support voice communication
- Support for third-party call control through the agent desktop
- Support for speaker and microphone selection
- Support for microphone mute/unmute at the session level
- Tray icon support to view the status, Register/UnRegister, Open/Close and Exit the Genesys Softphone
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows 8 only
New in Release 8.5.2
- Basic first party call control, including answer, hold, retrieve, and hang up.
- Support of multiple DNS A-records for multisite deployments.
- Windows 10 support.
- Removal of the Microsoft .NET framework as a dependency.
New in Release 8.5.3
- Single sign-on with WWE—agents can now use their Workspace Web Edition (WWE) credentials to connect Softphone and use it as their SIP endpoint.
- Softphone connector for WWE—this connector simplifies deployment by reducing configuration and allowing WWE to set or override Softphone settings. You can now install Genesys Softphone as a single set of files (binaries and configuration) across your entire organization, which makes deployment compliant with Software Push technologies.
New in Release 8.5.4
- You can now enable a ringback ring tone when making calls, transferring calls, and starting consultation calls.
- You can now specify the TCP port range used for client-originated connections when SIP communication is configured to be transported over TCP or TLS protocol by using the tcp_port_min and tcp_port_max options.
- The resilience of Genesys Softphone during network events, such as an IP address change, caused by workstation Sleep/Wake, VPN Connect/Disconnect, and so on, has been improved. This new behavior is permanent.
- You can now configure Genesys Softphone to include the MAC address of the host in the SIP message headers. This capability is enabled by using the include_mac_address option.
- Genesys Softphone installation package now upgrades the application when it detects that an older version is already installed on the workstation. It is no longer possible to install multiple instances of Genesys Softphone on a single workstation.
- It is now possible to specify a SIP Authentication password when Genesys Softphone is dynamically configured by a client application, such as Workspace Web Edition. This applies to single and dual registration type deployments.
- Genesys Softphone installation package has been improved to make the HTTP Connector ready to use immediately after installation (interactive or silent) in environments where Genesys Softphone is planned to be controlled by an agent application such as Workspace Web Edition. This includes specification of auto-start at Windows session initialization, activation of HTTP Connector, collection of listening port, and, in the case of a secured connection, collection of corporate certificate reference or creation and installation of a self-signed certificate.
- Genesys Softphone is rebranded to reflect the new Genesys logo.
What's New in Genesys Softphone 9.0.0
- Support for Windows 2016 in Citrix VDI environments. See the Genesys Softphone page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide.
- Genesys Softphone can now be deployed in the Citrix XenApp 7 and XenDesktop 7 virtual desktop infrastructures. Deployment requires Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter to be installed on the client workstations. Refer to the Supported OS and the Supported Virtualization system guides for details about the supported versions.
- Genesys Softphone VDI Adapter is installed as a plugin to the Citrix Workspace App (formerly known as Citrix Receiver) on client workstations to enable Genesys Softphone to be deployed in the Citrix XenApp 7 and XenDesktop 7 virtual desktop infrastructures. Consult the Supported OS and Supported Virtualization system guides for details about the supported versions.
- Support for TLS, up to version 1.2.
- Genesys Softphone now supports the UNENCRYPTED_SRTCP parameter per RFC 4568, and also understands "best-effort SRTP" (optional SRTP offer) per RFC 5939, accepting or rejecting SRTP based on the configured security policy.
- Genesys Softphone now supports Automatic Gain Control for the customer audio stream.
- Real-time voice quality indicator: The Softphone icon in the system taskbar now notifies user of possible voice quality problem.
The Genesys Softphone is a standalone SIP endpoint product based on the Genesys SIP Endpoint SDK.
Genesys Softphone falls under the Employee Engagement Omnichannel solution of the PureEngage offering.
Genesys Softphone is part of 9.0, which can include component releases from 9.1.x, 9.0.x, and 8.5.x code streams. Use the table below to check which component releases are part of 9.0.
|All 9.0 products||9.0 Genesys Softphone Release Notes|
Current documentation set for Genesys Softphone 9.0
Current documentation set for Genesys Softphone 8.5
Genesys Softphone 8.5.4 Online Guide Deploy and learn how to use the Genesys Softphone.