Genesys Supported Media Interfaces Guide
Welcome to the online release of the Genesys Supported Media Interfaces guide.
This manual provides system-level information for the supported media interfaces for Genesys releases. The information includes switches, trunks, media gateways, endpoints, soft and hard phones, dialogic boards and more. This manual is continually updated when new Genesys products are released or new products emerge that Genesys products support.
This manual is primarily intended for system engineers and other members of an implementation team who set up and maintain Genesys products. This document assumes that you have a basic understanding of:
- Computer-telephony integration (CTI) concepts, processes, terminology, and applications.
- Network design and operation.
- Your own network configurations.
You should also be familiar with Genesys Framework architecture and functions.
Guidelines for Using This Document
- Genesys Customer Care and product teams fully support integrations to the devices and SIP trunks listed in these tables. Expectations of this support are as follows:
- Each integration has been successfully tested, either directly by Genesys or in co-operation with a partner.
- Support focuses on the integration aspects including the SIP signaling and media (RTP).
- Support does not extend to troubleshooting the 3rd party component itself.
- Support is extended across an entire Product Line which shares common software or firmware.
- Support is typically extended across a range of releases based on a single test. For example, 4.x typically indicates that version 4.0 was tested, and support is extended to any release that starts with the major version 4, such as 4.0.3, 4.1, and so on. This policy is based on practical experience of excellent backward compatibility by both Genesys and our partners.
- Support is based on an end-to-end view of a deployment; Genesys requires that devices or trunks connected via an SBC must also be supported (the SBC does not provide complete isolation).
- Genesys Customer Care and product teams do recommend specific products from our top partners. These offer an added benefit of joint troubleshooting or co-ordinated feature development when required. These products are marked as Recommended within the tables.
- Entries are typically removed from the SMI when a product or software version reaches End of Support.
- Deployments with SIP Server and/or Media Server/GVP require a Field Validation if they include devices or trunks not listed in these tables, or if the configuration is substantially different from standard practices defined in Genesys reference architectures/configurations. Please consult with Genesys Product Management if there are any questions.
- Genesys recommends devices from specific vendors in our SIP Select program. These devices offer enhanced feature functionality, frequent proactive integration testing, and joint collaboration between Genesys and these partners.
- Application notes are publicly available for many of the device integrations. Other white papers or application notes may be available upon request. Please contact Genesys SIP Product Management for more details.
List of Tables
- Tier 1 Switch Support
- Avaya Switch Support
- Tier 2 Switch Support
- Switch Dependent Solutions
- Switch Support for Adapters and Agent Desktops
- Workspace and SDK Switch Support
- Network Solutions and Parking Platform Support
- Genesys 3rd Party IVR Support
- Genesys Voice Platform 7.x Media Gateway Support
- SIP and GVP Support Tables
- Unified Communication Connector Support
- Recording and Capture Vendors
- Supported Dialogic Boards
- GVP & Nuance Compatibility
- GValidated Speech Integration
- Genesys Quality Manager
- Genesys Express Supported Media