VBW: Select Historical Data
Use the Select Historical Data screen in the Volumes Build Wizard (VBW) to define the historical data time range with the option of using overlap templates. If you selected the Copy Historical Data method, this screen includes a Growth Rate field.
The Wizard brings up this screen if the Build Method is Expert Average Engine, Universal Modeling Engine, or Copy Historical Data.
- Select the Start date of the historical data that you want to use.
- Select the same day of the week as the forecast scenario's first day. For example, if the target start date is a Tuesday, the historical data Start Date must also be a Tuesday.
- Select the End date of the historical data.
TipIf you selected Copy Historical Data on the Select Data Build Method screen, this field is disabled. If the End date field is enabled:
- You can select a date range as short as one day, or as long as the forecast scenario for which you are building data.
- The same historical start and end dates are used for all activities selected in the Select Activities screen.
- If the Build Method is Expert Average Engine or Universal Modeling Engine, you can add additional historical periods to the list, to specify the exact historical data that you wish to be used (and ignore any data that you wish not to be used).
- Click Add to add a new row in the Use Historical Data area.
- Highlight a row in the Use Historical Data area and click Delete to remove that row.
ImportantMultiple rows cannot overlap each other.
- If you selected the Copy Historical Data method on the previous screen, enter a number in the Growth Rate field. This optional field allows you to increase or decrease the historical data by a specified percent. The value cannot be less than -100%.
- The next series of screens depends on the Build Method and whether you clicked the Use Overlap Template check box.
- If the Build Method is Copy Historical Data and you are not using an overlap template, click Finish.
- If the Build Method is Copy Historical Data and you are using an overlap template, click Next to bring up a screen for selecting templates.
- If the Build Method is Expert Average Engine or Universal Modeling Engine, the next screen depends on whether you want to use an overlap template.