Performance Alerts View
Use the Performance Alerts view to configure visual alert notifications for unacceptable performance.
The Alerts function uses Master Forecast and schedule data as a baseline for acceptable performance results.
If user-defined performance limits are violated (for example, if too many interactions are being abandoned, or if service levels fall too low), an Alert warning in the Monitor view notifies site managers that action may be necessary.
To configure alerts:
- In the Modules tree, select Performance > Alerts.
The Alerts view appears. If you switched to this view from another Performance view, it retains your earlier Objects tree selection. At right, the Deviation table is refreshed with any alert settings that have already been configured for this selection.
- To set an alert on a different business unit, site, or activity, select it in the Objects tree.
You can expand business units to show their activity groups and sites and expand sites to show their activities. If you made a new selection, the Deviation table is updated to match it.
- In the Deviation table, select the Alerts check box beside each statistic name for which you want an alert. Clear the check box for statistics that should not have alerts.
- Set the Minimum (%) and Maximum (%) allowable deviation for each statistic whose check box you selected.
Set these limits by clicking and typing in the appropriate columns. These limits define the variance beyond which an alert is displayed. For example, assume that you set 3.0 as the Minimum (%) deviation level for Average Handling Time, and 5.0 (%) as the Maximum (%). In this case, an alert appears when the AHT goes more than 3 percent under, or 5 percent over, the number set in the forecast.
- Click Apply. (Or, to discard your changes, click Cancel.)
- If desired, configure alerts for other Business Units, activity groups, sites, or activities.
You can repeat Steps 2-5 for as many Objects tree selections as you like. If you make a new selection without first clicking Apply, a dialog box prompts you to save your changes (Yes), discard them (No), or keep working with the same selection (Cancel).
- To exit the Alerts view, select a different view from the Objects tree.