Activities are work items that are tracked and managed using Workforce Management. For example, answering inbound calls, responding to email, completing after-call work, performing scheduled callbacks, and participating in chat sessions.
You must configure activities separately for each site or business unit. Business units require multi-site activities, which combine activities at some or all of the sites in a business unit. When you select a site on the Object pane, the activities configured for that location appear in the Activities pane.
In the Activities pane, click an activity to view its properties and edit them.
- For instructions about how to view or create new activities or multi-site activities and configure staffing properties and open hours, see Creating and Deleting Activities.
- To define regular activities, see Configuring Skills for Activities and Associating Agents With Activities.
- To configure multi-site activities, see Assigning Activities to Multi-Site Activities, and Configuring Skills for Multi-Site Activities.
- To view, add, edit, or delete activity sets, or configure new or existing activity sets, see Creating Activity Sets and Adding Activities to Activity Sets.
- To view, add, edit, or delete activity groups, or configure new or existing activity groups, see Grouping Multiple Activities.
- To configure activity policies to establish rules and guidelines that determine how, when, and in which activities the agent can engage, see Activity Properties.
- To associate Stat Server statistics with activities and multi-site activities for use in monitoring interaction and service levels, see Statistics Configuration for Activities and Configuring Statistics for a Multi-Site Activity.