Intra-Day Schedule Rebuild Wizard
Use this wizard to rebuild an Intra-Day schedule for a specific day or time period for a site, team, or agent. While in a Schedule Scenario you can rebuild from any of the following views: Intra-Day, Weekly, Agent Extended, or Profiles/Bidding view.
While in a Master Schedule view, you can rebuild from any of the following views: Intra-Day, Weekly, or Agent Extended.
The rebuild process can include any activities and agents defined for this site/day in the selected scenario.
Reasons for Using This Wizard
The goal of the WFM scheduling algorithm is to minimize the over and under-staffing of agents, against the forecasted staffing requirements. This is the outcome when a schedule is generated. However, several circumstances might cause the schedule to be suboptimal by the time a particular schedule day arrives. For example:
- You might have reforecasted volumes and staffing for the day.
- Agents might have called in sick or were given time off.
- Existing agent schedules might have been manually adjusted.
- Additional agents might have been added into the schedule.
- Meetings or other types of exceptions might have been added to the schedule.
Because of this, you may wish to reoptimize the schedule day. It does not make sense to reoptimize days or hours that have already passed. You probably do not want to reoptimize the current hour, since any changes to meals, breaks, and/or work activities would be difficult to communicate to the affected agents. The Intra-day Rebuild wizard allows you to reoptimize specific types of schedule items for selected agents, based on a particular configured start time, which would normally be later than the current time when you invoke the reoptimization.
To use the Intra-Day Schedule Rebuild Wizard:
- Select a Schedule Scenario or Master Schedule view (Intra-Day, Weekly, or Agent Extended).
- Click the Rebuild intra-day schedule button on the Actions toolbar.
- Complete each screen as it appears, and then click Next, or click Finish if it is the final screen:
- The Select Activities screen may not appear, depending on your selections at the Select Options screen.
- You can always click Cancel to discard your selections and close the wizard without making any changes.