Configuring Schedule State Groups
To create a schedule state group, you must first select a site within a business unit. When you select a schedule state group or create a new one, the Schedule State Group Properties pane opens.
The following topics provide information to help you create and manage your Schedule State Groups:
- Schedule State Groups Pane Controls
- State Group Properties Pane Controls
- State Type Pane Controls
- Assigning a State to Multiple Groups
- Creating Schedule State Groups
- Creating Groups Using Copy and Paste
- Editing Schedule State Groups
- Deleting Schedule State Groups
Schedule State Groups Pane Controls
|Search field||Enter the search criteria. For example, the name of the schedule state group.|
|New||Click to create a new schedule state group.|
|Delete||Click to delete an existing schedule state group.|
|Copy||Click to copy and paste an existing schedule state group.|
|Help||Click to view a Help topic about the Schedule State Group pane.|
State Groups Properties Pane Controls
State Type Pane Controls
Assigning a State to Multiple Groups
You can assign the same schedule state(s) to different Schedule State Groups under the same Business Unit. For example, you can assign the state ExceptionType1 to SSG1 (under Site1 & under BU1) and to SSG2 (under Site2 & under BU1) at the same time—but only because both Schedule State Groups are under the same Business Unit (BU1).
Previously, a Schedule State could be assigned to a Schedule State Group only once at any given time.
Preset Schedule State Groups
Schedule state groups from a previous release of Workforce Management are brought into the WFM Web as pre-configured groups. The default groups, which can be edited or deleted are: Asynchronous Work, Days Off, Exception Types, Fixed-Staff Work, Immediate Work, No Activity, Shift Items/Meals, and Time Off.
Creating Schedule State Groups
- In the Configuration > Schedule State Groups pane, select a the site for which you want to create the schedule state group.
- On the Schedule State Groups pane, select New .
The new schedule state group displays with a default name and the Schedule State Group Properties pane opens.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your schedule state group. It must be unique within the site.
- From the Type drop-down list, select a type (None (default), Planned Overhead, Unplanned Overhead, or Actual Work).
- Assign schedule states to the group by clicking Assign Schedule States .
The State Type pane opens.
- Select a State Type from the drop-down menu.
A list of states that are associated with this state type are displayed in the lower half of the pane.
- (Optional) to display any states already assigned to the schedule state group, click the Show Assigned States check box.
- When you have finished adding schedule states, click Apply .
- In the Schedule State Group Properties pane, from the drop-down list, select Adherence Rules to continue configuration of this schedule state group. See Configuring Adherence Rules.
Creating Groups Using Copy and Paste
To create a new schedule state group by copying and pasting an existing one:
- In the Schedule State Groups pane, select a schedule state group.
- Select Copy .
The Copy Schedule State Group <schedule state group name> pane opens.
- Enter a name for the new schedule state group. It must be unique within the site.
TipIf the name is not unique, the Review Validation Messages pane opens, with a description of the error message. In this case, A duplicate name specified.
- In the lower half of the pane, select the business unit and site, with which you want to associate this schedule state group.
- Click Save Now .
The new schedule state group appears in the objects list according to the sort order selected (ascending or descending).
Editing Schedule State Groups
You can edit any schedule state group, whether it is pre-set or user-created.
To edit a schedule state group:
- Select it Schedule State Group pane and make the changes in the Schedule State Group Properties and Adherence Rules panes.
- Change the schedule state group name, if necessary. It must be unique within the site.
- Change the state type, by selecting one of the four state types from the drop-down list.
- Use the Assign Schedule States or Unassign Schedule States to change state assignment for this group.
- When you have finished adjusting which schedule states are included, click Apply .
- Click Save Now .
- At the top of the Schedule State Group Properties pane, click Adherence Rules to continue configuration of this schedule state group. See Configuring Adherence Rules.
Deleting Schedule State Groups
To delete a selected schedule state group from the Schedule State Groups pane: