Staffing Build: Service Level Objectives
Use the Specify Service Level Objectives screen in the Staffing Build Wizard to define service level objectives when you are building staffing volumes for an immediate activity.
- Select the check box(es) for one or more of the following:
- Use Estimated Average Time to Abandon (sec)—This is not a service objective. It is a parameter that helps define the queuing system model used internally by WFM when building staffing requirements. The value you configure here should represent the average time it takes impatient callers to abandon.
- Use Service Level Objective—You can specify that you want a specified percentage of calls answered in a specified number of seconds. For example, when building a staffing forecast, you may specify that 80% of calls should be answered in 20 seconds.
- Use Average Speed of Answer Objective—ASA (sec).
- Use Occupancy Objectives—Maximum Occupancy Rate (%). The total amount of time the agent is actually doing activity work as a percentage of the total amount of time the agent is available to do activity work. For example, assume an agent has a shift from 8am-5pm, with a 30-minute lunch and 2x15-min breaks. Although the agent's total shift duration is 9 hours, the total amount of time the agent is actually available for work is 8 hours, after subtracting the time for the lunch and breaks.
- Use Abandoned Interaction Objective—Maximum Percent of interactions Abandoned (%).
- Enter values for each objective that you selected.
TipWhen you select an objective's check box, you enable the text boxes for these target levels.
- If you want to load an existing template to specify an objective's service levels, select Use Template Data and then click Load Template.
You might want to use a template if the values for the objective are different for different timesteps. Otherwise, WFM uses the single value that you configure, and applies it across all open hours of the activity.
- Click Finish.
WFM Web calculates the staffing volumes and displays them in the Staffing view. An error message appears if WFM Web cannot complete the calculation.
TipYou can see the effect of other values by using the What-If window in the Performance module.
This page was last modified on October 14, 2016, at 12:35.