Associating Agents With Activities
Use the Agents pane within the Activities view to associate agents with activities. To open this pane, select Agents at the top of the Activity Properties pane.
Agents can work on activities under two conditions:
- They have the proper skill set. Their skills must match the skills required for the activity.
- They are eligible for activity assignments. If the effective date is before the current date, these assignments override the agent’s eligibility to work on the activity accordingly to the skill set.
To adjust which agents are associated with an activity, change the skill settings for either:
- The agent, by using the Agent Information section. See the Agent Activities View.
- The activity, by using the Skills pane in Configuration > Activities module. See Configuring Skills for Activities.
Associating Agents with an Activity
To associate an agent with an activity:
- In the Activities pane, select the activity, with which you want to associate agents.
- At the top of the Activity Properties pane, click Agents.
- The Agents Associated with The Activity pane opens.
- Click Associate agents with the activity .
- A list of Available Agents opens.
- In the Effective Date field, enter (or click within the field to select from a calendar) the date that you want the association to begin.
- In the Status field, use the drop-down list to select one of four options: Primary, Secondary, Auto, or Disabled.
- In the Available Agents list, select the agents you want to associate with this activity.
- When you have selected all agents, click Apply .
Finding Agents in the List
There are three ways to quickly and easily find agents when there is a long list of available agents:
- Enter the agents name into the Search field and select one of the two Search by: filters (First Name or Last Name radio button).
- Sort agents by First Name, Last Name, or Team.
- Filter agents by Activities, Multi-Site Activities, or Contracts.
In each of the three Filter panes, you can Sort the list in ascending or descending order.
To remove an item from the list, click Remove .