Use this module to schedule reports, and to view and edit those schedules.
When you select Reports Schedule in the module pane, a list of the schedule(s) you have created appears in the data pane. The list is a grid that has these columns:
|Cells in this field can contain the values true or false.
|Name of the report.
|User who created the schedule.
|Lists the specifics of the schedule.
|Lists the date / time of the next run of a recurring report.
|Display the Scheduled Report Task dialog in the data pane.
|Edit the selected overlay using a limited version of the Scheduled Report Task dialog.
|Delete the selected overlay.
|This button is a toggle. Select it to display all report schedules, that have been created by all users (the icon becomes darkened). Clear to display only schedules that have been created by the current user.
|Enable the selected report.
|Disable the selected report.
To schedule a report:
- Select Reports Scheduler in the modules pane.
- Click the New () icon or select New from the Actions menu.
- The Scheduled Report Task dialog appears in the data pane.
- For each page of the dialog, make the appropriate selections and click Next.
- On the final page, click Finish.
Scheduled Report Task Dialog:
The pages are:
- Scheduled report task page
- Data page
- Date Range page
- Pages that correspond to your selection in the Report Type field.
Scheduled Report Task page
There are three sections on this page.
- Name — Enter a name for the schedule task.
- Report type — Select a report type from the drop-down menu.
- Export to — Select an output format from the drop-down menu.
- Start date — Select or enter a start date to generate the report.
- End date — Enable by clicking the Enable end date check box, then select or enter an end date to generate the report.
- Run time — Select or enter a time of day to generate the report.
- Time Zone — Select the time zone from a drop-down list.
- Select Local or Configured time zones. If you select Local, the report generation time is set to the time zone of the host on which WFM Daemon is running.
- Daily — Specify that the report will be produced every day.
- Weekly — Also specify one or more days of the week by clicking the corresponding check box(es). Default: all days of the week are checked.
- Monthly — Also specify the day of the month by selecting or entering a day in the Day of month field. Default: 1.
- Select the check box of every user who you wish to be able to see the generated report.
All subsequent pages that appear correspond directly to the report type. (For example, if you select Time-Off Balance Report in the Report Type field (in the General Parameters area below), then see the Time-Off Balance Report topic in this Help for descriptions of the rest of the pages.
Date Range page
You are specifying the range of data that the report will contain.
Start Date Offset:
- Adjust the data's starting date, relative to the start date of the report's generation. You can select a positive or negative integer, or 0 (zero, the default). The increment is Days.
End is Relative to [start date | generation date]:
- Specify if the data's ending date will be relative to the data's start date (specified above) or the data's generation date (the Run Time date, which you specified on the first page).
- Adjust the data's ending date, relative to your selection. You can select a positive or negative integer, or 0 (zero, the default). The increment is Days.
If your selection is incorrect, an error message will appear to explain why.