Business Unit Skills
Using the Business Units > Skills pane, you can select the skills you want to include in the business units (BU). To open this pane, select a BU and in the right-side pane, click Skills.
Skills are imported into WFM automatically during synchronization, but they are first defined and assigned to agents in Genesys Administrator. In WFM, skills are assigned to business units (not sites). A skill is assigned to one business unit only and can be assigned only to activities and profiles under this business unit.
Read more about skills in the Workforce Management Administrator's Guide.
Skills Pane Controls
Available Skills Pane Controls
|Apply||Click to apply this skill to the selected business unit.|
|Close||Click to close the Available Skills pane.|
|Help||Click to open a Help topic for the Available Skills pane.|
Adding Skills to Business Units
To add a skill to your business unit:
- Select a business unit.
- In the Skills pane, select Add Skills to Business Unit .
The Available Skills pane opens.ImportantThe Available Skills pane contains unassigned skills only. To assign this same skill to another BU, you must first unassign it from this BU.
- Select a skill and click Apply .
The skill appears in the Skills pane and is assigned to the selected business unit.TipIf you select a skill that cannot be applied, the Review Validation Messages pane opens with an error description.
- Click Save Now .
Removing Skills from Business Units
To remove a skill from a business unit:
- In the Skills pane, select the skill you want to remove.
- Click Remove Skills from Business Unit .
- When the Confirmation dialog opens, select Yes to proceed or No to cancel the action.
- Click Save Now .
Sorting and Searching Skills Lists
To sort the skills in a list:
- Click the header of the column by which you want to sort the skills.
To search for skills in a list:
- Type the skill name in the Search field and press Enter.