Forecast Scenario Overheads View
Use the Overheads view to view overhead data, which WFM uses to forecast shrinkage while scheduling. See the toolbar image here and the button descriptions below.
You can perform the following functions:
- View totals
- Edit pre-defined overheads (both planned and unplanned)
- Add, edit and delete overheads associated with the current Schedule State Group for specific activity.
Multi-site activities use overhead information that is associated with Schedule State Groups, from child activities (except for planned and unplanned overheads, which are separate for local and multi-site activities).
Setting the Grid Properties and Date Range
Use the following options in the Grid properties and Date range panes (near the top) to customize the grid:
- The grid displays data for a period of a year, a month, the planning period, or a week. To change the period, click Year, Month, Planning Period, or Week on the Period drop-down list to change the time range that is shown on each row. (WFM Web prompts you to save any unsaved edits before it refreshes the display.)
- If you select Week, you can further adjust each row's time range by selecting a Granularity of 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
- Use the standard date-selection controls to jump to a different week within the forecast scenario's date range.
The Overhead Menu
The Overhead drop-down menu displays a list of the following overheads:
|Grand Total||A read-only statistic; the aggregate overhead for the selected target.|
|Total Planned||A read-only statistic; the aggregate planned overhead for the selected target.|
|Total Unplanned||A read-only statistic; the aggregate unplanned overhead for the selected target.|
|Planned||Displays planned overhead values that are not associated with any Schedule State Group. (In Scenario Overheads only, not in Master Schedule Overheads.)|
|Unplanned||Displays unplanned overhead values that are not associated with any Schedule State Group. (In Scenario Overheads only, not in Master Schedule Overheads.)|
|Schedule State Group <name>|| Displays overhead values that are associated with this named Schedule State Group and the target. If the target is a multi-site activity, the Schedule State Group name is prefixed with the activity name.
TipNot available in Master Schedule Overheads.
- Statistics appear in the Overhead menu for the item that is selected in the Object pane. If the item is an activity, then the menu lists all Schedule State Group overheads that are associated with the activity. If the item is a multi-site activity, the menu lists all Schedule State Group overheads that are associated with its child activities.
- You can edit the Overhead values for activities or multi-site activities.
Managing Scenario Overhead Data
You can use the following buttons on the Actions toolbar (these commands also appear on the Actions menu):
|Publish||Opens the Publish Forecast Wizard, where you can publish a forecast directly to the master schedule.|
|Add activity||Opens the Add Activity window, where you can add activities to this forecast scenario.|
|Remove activity||Opens the Remove Activity window, where you can remove activities from this forecast scenario.|
|Save||Saves your changes to this forecast scenario.|
|Comments||Opens the Comments window, where you can enter comments for each day of the forecast.|
|Close||Closes this scenario, prompting you to save any unsaved changes.|
|Add Overhead||Starts the Add Overhead Wizard, which you can use to add overhead values to be associated with the Schedule State Group (SSG) and the target.|
|Delete Overhead||Deletes overhead values that are associated with the SSG and selected in the Overhead drop-down menu. The SSG is removed from the Overhead menu, after you confirm.|
|Apply Template|| Applies templates for the overhead that is selected in the Overhead drop-down menu.
TipThis button is disabled if one of the read-only choices (Grand Total, Total Planned, Total Unplanned) is selected in the drop-down menu.