Creating and Deleting Activity Sets
Use Activity Sets to combine activities into groups for multi-skilled scheduling. At the top of the Activities pane, click Activity Sets and configure activity sets for a selected site.
When using activity sets, be aware of the following:
- Activity sets are separately configured for each site. You cannot configure activity sets for business units.
- An activity in an activity set can be incorporated in a multi-skilled schedule only with other activities from the same set.
- An activity cannot belong to more than one activity set.
- An activity belonging to an activity set can only be scheduled using the activity set.
- To configure an activity so that it will never be incorporated in a multi-skilled schedule, create an activity set containing only that one activity.
- The activity set constraint is incompatible with the maximum seats constraint. If there is a conflict, Scheduler gives priority to the activity set constraint.
Agents assigned to an activity set perform the selected activities on a multi-skilled basis. These agents cannot be assigned to any other activities during the minimum time period specified for the activity set.
Creating Activity Sets
To create an Activity Set:
- In the Objects pane, select the site, for which you want to create the activity set.
- At the bottom of the Activities pane, click Activity Sets.
- In this pane, click New Activity Set .
The Activity Set Properties pane opens.
- Configure the following settings, as described:
- Name—Enter a name for the activity set. The name must be unique within the site.
- Short Name—Enter a three-letter short name for the activity set.
- Minimum Duration—Enter a value for the minimum length of time that an agent can work on the activities within this activity set.
- Strict—Check this box if you do not want meals, part-day exceptions, or part-day time offs to be scheduled during the activity set period. (Breaks can be scheduled during the activity set.) Leave this box unchecked, if breaks, meals, part-day exceptions, and part-day time offs can interrupt this activity set. (The only constraint is the minimum duration.)
- Click Save Now .
- Continue with the configuration of the activity set by adding activities to it. See Adding Activities to Activity Sets.
Deleting Activity Sets
To delete an activity set: