When you create time-off rules, you configure time off to be either accrued or awarded. On the other hand, time-off bonuses are awarded. You configure them (add, edit, and delete) as described in the procedures below.
Time-Off Bonus End Dates
Time-off bonuses may or may not have a set End Date property, but it's important to understand how the End Date property affects the way in which WFM counts unused hours when processing carry-over hours.
If the time-off bonus has a specified end date, WFM processes carry-over as follows:
- If the end date of the bonus time is before the carry-over date, the bonus expires and WFM does not carry over any hours.
- If the end date of the bonus is after the carry-over date, the bonus remains assigned after the carry-over date (it doesn't expire on carry-over date) and WFM fixes the used hours in the carry-over record, meaning the unused hours pass to the new carry-over period and they are not subject to the maximum carry-over hours constraint.
If the time-off bonus does not have a specified end date, WFM carries over the bonus hours to the next configured carry-over date. The total number of hours carried over is subject to the maximum carry-over hours constraint. The bonus expires after the carry-over date. Any used hours are updated as they were before.
Adding Time-Off Bonuses
To add a time-off bonus for a selected agent:
- Select an agent and then, in the Agent Properties pane, click Time-Off Bonuses.
- The Agent Time-Off Bonuses pane opens.
- Click Add Agent Time-Off Bonus .
- The Time-Off Bonuses Properties pane opens.
- Select a Time-Off Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Start Date and End Date, or click within either field to open a calendar, from which you can select a date.
- The Start Date is pre-populated with the current date, but you can change it, if necessary.
- If you check the box at end of the End Date field, WFM Web enters the current date automatically.
- In the Bonus Hours field, enter the number of hours you want to award the selected agent.
- In the Comments field, enter any additional relevant information.
- Click Apply .
- In the Agent Time-Off Bonuses pane, click Save Now .
Editing Time-Off Bonuses
To edit an existing time-off bonus:
- In the Agent Time-Off Bonuses pane, select the bonus that you want to edit.
- When the Time-Off Bonus Properties pane opens, make the necessary changes following the steps 3-8 in Adding Time-Off Bonuses.
Deleting Time-Off Bonuses
To delete an existing time-off bonus:
- In the Agent Time-Off Bonuses pane, select the bonus you want to delete and click Delete Agent Time-Off Bonus .
- When the Confirmation dialog opens, click Yes to proceed or No to cancel the action.
- Click Save Now .