Time Zone Settings
You configure Time Zones by specifying new seasonal time change settings or editing the existing settings for a time zone.
Specifying Daylight Savings Information
To specify new Daylight Savings information:
- Use the scroll bar or enter criteria into the Search field to find the time zone you want to edit.
- In the Settings pane, Add Daylight Saving information to the time zone, by clicking .
The Daylight Saving Information pane opens.
- Enter the Start Date and Time and the End Date and Time for which the offset is to be effective.
ImportantYou cannot enter two different time offsets for the same period. If a site and a business unit share the same time zone, the settings for both are changed when you edit information for one.
- In the Offset field, enter the number of minutes that the daylight saving time differs from the standard time or click the up or down arrow button until the correct number of minutes appears.
The offset can be negative (the clock resets to an earlier time) or positive (the clock resets to a later time). The time offset cannot be zero (0).
For example, to make the change from U.S. daylight savings time to standard time (fall back), enter 60 as the time offset value. At the end of the time period you select, the offset is automatically reversed. In the example of U.S. daylight savings time, your system time will reset (spring forward) 60 minutes at the beginning of the next daylight savings time period.ImportantThis offset must be a number divisible by 30.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Select the Do Not Synchronize check box in the Settings pane, if you do not want the Genesys Administrator settings to override the settings that you configure in the Workforce Management Web when automatic synchronization occurs.
ImportantIf you leave Do Not Synchronize unselected, automatic synchronization will affect the current year settings. For example, 2 a.m. GMT will be changed to the equivalent of that time in the PST time zone (which is GMT-8).
Editing Daylight Savings Information
To edit the Daylight Savings information:
- In the Time Zones list, select the time zone that has the Daylight Saving information you want to change .
- In the Settings pane, click Daylight Savings Information to open that pane.
- To configure the settings, see steps in Specifying Daylight Savings Information.
- When you are done editing, click Apply to save your changes.
Deleting Daylight Savings Information
To delete Daylight Saving settings for a time zone: