Scenario Volumes View
Use the Volumes view to build or edit the selected forecast scenario's interaction volumes and average handle times. See the toolbar buttons image here and their descriptions below.
This view provides standard date-selection controls and a grid that shows statistics for days or timesteps.
The following sections cover:
- Displaying the Volumes view.
- Setting the data display properties and date range.
- Reading the Data.
- Modifying and managing scenario data.
Displaying the Volumes View
To display the Volumes view:
- Select Forecast from the Home menu on the toolbar.
- Select Scenarios from the Forecast menu on the toolbar.
- Select a scenario from the list in the data pane, and open it by clicking the Open icon () or by double-clicking it.
- Select the open scenario's name from the Forecast menu on the toolbar.
All open scenarios appear on the menu.
- Select Volumes from the <selected scenario name> menu on the toolbar.
- In the Objects tree, select an activity, multi-site activity, site, business unit or enterprise.
The view displays a graph above a table, each containing the same statistics, and controls that set the data display properties for the graph and table.
If you do not see any forecast data, you may need to adjust the Period, Granularity, or Date controls at the top of the window to reflect those used for the forecast.
Setting the Data Display Properties and Date Range
Use these controls to customize the data display in the graph and table:
- Period drop-down list—Change the time range for the graph and the grid by selecting Year, Month, or Week.
If you select Week, you can further adjust each row's time range by selecting 15, 30, or 60 (minutes) from the Granularity drop-down list.ImportantPlanning Period also appears as a value in the Period list if the selected site has a configured planning period.
- Show Statistics drop-down list—Specify what data is displayed in the graph and table by selecting from these choices: Interaction Volume, AHT, Interaction Volume and AHT.
- Show Columns check boxes—Show (or hide) data columns in the table by selecting or clearing the Volume, Volume %, and AHT check boxes.
- Use standard date-selection controls (in the upper right portion of the window) to jump to a different week within the Scenario Forecast's date range.
Reading the Data
The table provides columns that display the following statistics:
|Week/Time Step||Identifies the range of dates or timesteps on this row. (The column's label and contents depend on the date range and granularity that you selected above.)|
|[Days or Dates]|| If you select the Month date range, each group of columns shows statistics for one full day.|
If you select the Week date range, each group of columns indicates one day, the top row shows daily totals, and each lower row shows statistics for one timestep on that date.
(Timestep durations depend on the granularity that you selected above.)
|IV||Shows the interaction volume forecasted for each day or timestep. You can edit these cells' contents, replacing the displayed values with whole numbers.|
|IV%||Shows this row's percentage of the day's total interaction volume.|
|AHT||Shows the average handling time.|
|Weekly Totals||If you select the Month date range, these columns show weekly totals, or averages, for the IV, IV%, and AHT statistics.|
To edit the Weekly Totals:
If you selected the period Year or Month, you can click inside the Weekly Totals cell and edit the value there. Daily values in the same row will automatically adjust their values so that the new Weekly Total is redistributed according to the original distribution of volume for each day of the week. This is useful if you have a week in which you believe the volume will be increased, but you expect the volume to arrive at about the same rate as in your original forecast, day-over-day.
Toolbar: Modifying and Managing Scenario Data
You can use the following buttons on the toolbar (the same commands also appear on the Actions menu):
|Publish||Opens the Publish Forecast Wizard, where you can publish a forecast scenario directly to the master forecast.|
|Add activity||Opens the Add Activity window, where you can add activities to this forecast scenario.|
|Remove activity||Opens the Remove Activity window, where you can remove activities from this forecast scenario.|
|Save||Saves your changes to this forecast scenario.|
|Build||Opens the Volumes Build Wizard, which builds volume data for the selected activity.|
|Comments||Opens the Comments window, where you can enter comments for each day of the forecast.|
|Close||Closes a selected open scenario, prompting you to save any unsaved changes.|
|Use multi-site activities|| Controls whether WFM Web's calculation of aggregated information includes multi-site activities. You can select this button only if you first select a multi-site activity, business unit, or enterprise in the Objects tree.|
If you set this button to On, WFM retains your last selection—in the current view and for all other views that contain multi-site activities—preventing you from having to click it every time you want to display data for the selected multi-site activity.
|Split||Opens the Volume Split Wizard, which splits interaction volumes from a multi-site activity to site-specific activities.|
|Adjust||Opens a dialog box that enables you to adjust the volume, average handling time (AHT), or both for the Scenario Forecast Volumes view.|