Master Forecast Staffing View
Use the Staffing view to display the Master Forecast's Calculated and Required Staffing. See the toolbar image here and the button descriptions below.
This view provides standard date-selection controls and a grid that shows staffing levels for days or timesteps.
The following sections cover:
- Displaying the Staffing view.
- Setting the data display properties and date range.
- Reading the data.
- Save as Template, Cleanup, and Calculation options.
Displaying the Staffing View
To display the Staffing view:
- From the Home menu on the toolbar, select Forecast.
- From the Forecast menu on the toolbar, select Master Forecast.
- From the Master Forecast menu on the toolbar, select Staffing.
- In the Objects tree, select an activity, Site, Business Unit, or Enterprise.
The view displays a graph above a table, each containing the same statistics, and controls that set the data display properties for the graph and table.
Setting the Data Display Properties and Date Range
Use these controls to customize the data display in the graph and table:
- Period drop-down list—Change the time range for the graph and the grid by selecting Year, Month, Week, or Planning Period from the Period drop-down list.
If you select Week, you can further adjust each row's time range by selecting 15, 30, or 60 (minutes) from the Granularity drop-down list.
- Show Statistics drop-down list—Specifies what data is displayed in the graph and table. Select from these choices: Calculated Staffing, Required Staffing, Calculated and Required Staffing.
- Show Columns check boxes—Show (or hide) data columns in the table by selecting or clearing the Calc (calculations) and Req (requirements) check boxes.
- Use standard date-selection controls (in the upper right portion of the window) to jump to a different week within the Master Forecast's date range.
Reading the Data
The table provides columns that display the following statistics:
|Week/Time Step||Identifies the range of dates or timesteps on this row. (The column's label and contents depend on the date range and granularity that you selected above.)|
|[Days or Dates]|| If you select the Month date range, each group of columns shows statistics for one full day.
If you select the Week date range, each group of columns indicates one date, the top row shows daily totals, measured in Full Time Equivalents. Each lower row shows statistics for one timestep on that date.
(Timestep durations depend on the granularity that you selected above.)
|Calc||Shows the calculated number of agents for each day (measured in Full Time Equivalents) or for each timestep (measured in single skill equivalents).|
|Req||Shows the required number of agents for each day (measured in Full Time Equivalents) or for each timestep (measured in single skill equivalents).|
|[Weekly Totals]||If you select the Month date range, the columns at right show weekly totals for the displayed statistics.|
Save As Template, Cleanup, and Calculation Options
You can use the following buttons on the toolbar (these commands also appear in the Actions menu):
|Save As Template||Opens the Save as Template Wizard, where you can save Master Forecast data as a forecast template.|
|Cleanup||Opens the Cleanup Master Forecast window, where you can remove information from the Master Forecast for selected dates and activities.|
|Use Multi-Site Activities|| Controls whether WFM Web's calculation of aggregated information includes multi-site activities. You can select this button only if you first select a multi-site activity, Business Unit, or Enterprise in the Objects tree.
If you set this button to On, WFM retains your last selection—in the current view and for all other views that contain multi-site activities—preventing you from having to click it every time you want to display data for the selected multi-site activity.