Find Events Wizard
Use the Find Events Wizard to search through historical data for any period of time that represents an anomaly. For example: imagine that the AHT on May 24, 2008, between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. was 500% higher than on the historical norm for those hours. That is an anomaly in the historical data, and the Find Events Wizard could locate it for you.
- To reach this dialog, start at the Historical Data Volumes view.
- Click Find Events in the toolbar or select Find Events from the Actions menu.
- Use these controls to define the search:
Search radio buttons Define the search metrics.
Select IV to search for events that affected Interaction Volume.
Select AHT to search for events that affected Average Handling Time.
Search using granularity
Define the search increments.
Select Daily to search through daily data.
Select Hourly to search through hourly data.
Start date and End date
Define the search limits.
Enter or select a Start date and an End date.
The search will begin at the start date and end at the end date.
Threshold (%) field Define the search criteria.
Enter or select the percentage of deviation from historical data, that would identify the event you want to locate. Range: A positive integer less than 1000.
For example , you would enter 500 to search for an anomaly that is at least 500% of normal.
Running the Find Events Wizard
- Define the search using the controls described above.
- Click Find Events (or click Cancel to abandon the search).
A new tab in the right-hand portion of the window displays these items:
- a Possible Events list
- the Create Overlay and Create Event buttons
- an Existing Events list
- Select an item in the Possible Events list.
- The Create Overlay and Create Event buttons are enabled.
- All Overlay/Event items that occur within the date range of the selected Possible Event are displayed in the Existing Events list.
Now you can create an overlay (and the event that it must contain) or create an event (and select the existing overlay that must contain it).
- Choose one of two options:
Existing Events List
When you are finished, the wizard or page closes and the newly created overlay/event will appear in the Existing Events list, if its Impact Start Date/Time occurs within the date range of the selected Possible Event.
Otherwise, the overlay/event exists, but it is not displayed.