Adding and Editing Meals
Create a new meal for each shift that is included in the schedule. For example, if your site operates 24 hours a day, you might need to create meals called Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Swing.
Meals are always linked to a shift. These meals apply to all contracts associated with the shift. If a conflict arises that prevents a meal from being scheduled for an agent, the shift containing the meal cannot be assigned to the agent.
To configure a meal:
- In the Shifts pane, select the shift with which you want to associate this meal.
- In the right-side pane, select Shift Sequences.
- In the upper-right corner of the Shift Sequences pane, click Add Meal association with shift ( ).
- When the Meals To Be Associated With Shifts pane opens, do one of the following:
- Add a new meal by selecting New link=. The new meal is added to the list and can be assigned to a shift.
- Create a copy of meal by selecting it in the list and clicking Copy .
You can copy the meal to the same site, by checking the Copy to the Same Site check box, or copy it to another business unit and site within the enterprise.
- Delete a meal by selecting it in the list and clicking Delete . The meal is no longer associated with any shift.
- Enter search criteria in the Search field (for example, the name of the meal) to quickly find the meal you want to apply or copy.
- To assign a meal to a shift, select it and click Apply.
The meal appears in the Meals and Breaks Associated with this Shift list.
- Meal Name—The name of the meal. Use names, such as Lunch, Dinner, or Mid-afternoon break, that identify the meal type. The meal name must be unique within the site.
- Meal Short Name—Enter a short name of up to 6 characters (or 3 double-byte characters) to identify this meal. The short name appears in schedule displays.
- Schedule State Group—Select a Schedule State Group in the drop-down list.
- Duration of the Meal—The duration of this meal in one-minute increments, entered in hh:mm format.
- Earliest Start Time—The earliest time that agents can begin to take this meal. This value plus the Duration cannot extend past the Latest End Time value.
- Latest End Time—The latest time that agents can complete this meal.
- Start Step—The increments between meal start times. For example, with a start step of 15 minutes, agents leave for lunch 15 minutes apart.
- Paid Time—If selected, this meal is paid. If cleared, this meal is unpaid.
- Min Time Before This Meal—The minimum amount of time after the shift start time before agents are allowed to take this meal. For example, agents might be required to work for at least two hours before the meal. Enter the duration in the hh:mm format. The time before a meal can include breaks or other meals.
- Min Time After This Meal—The minimum amount of time between the meal and the shift end time. For example, agents might be required to work for at least four hours after the meal. Enter the duration in the hh:mm format hours:minutes. The time after a meal can include breaks or other meals.