Performance Intra-Day View
Use the Intra-Day view to display performance statistics (both summarized and detailed) in a grid. See descriptions of the buttons shown in the toolbar image below.
The sections in this topic cover the following:
- Displaying the Intra-Day view
- Setting the time zone, granularity, and date
- Reading and configuring the graph
- Reading and navigating the grid
- Display, copy/paste, and other options (Actions menu and toolbar)
Displaying the Intra-Day View
- In the Modules tree, select Performance > Intra-Day.
- The Intra-Day view appears. If you switched to this view from another Performance view, it retains your earlier Objects tree selection and shows the corresponding statistics.
- Select the enterprise, a business unit, an activity group, a site, or an activity in the Objects tree.
- In the tree, you can expand business units to show their sites and activity groups, and expand sites to show their activities. If you made a new selection in the Objects tree, the grid is updated to match it.
Setting the Time Zone, Granularity, and Date
Use the Time Zone, Granularity and Date controls (near the top) to customize the graph:
- Use the Time Zone drop-down list to choose the time zone to display in the graph and grid.
- Use the date-selection controls to choose the date to display in the graph and grid.
- Use the Granularity drop-down list to select the time interval for the graph's horizontal axis, and also for timesteps in the table below the graph: 60 min (minutes), 30 min, or 15 min.
Reading and Configuring the Graph
By default, you see a graph for the Interaction Volume (IV) statistic.
- To switch the graph view to match a different statistic, select the statistic from the Show Data for: drop-down list above the graph. The choices in the drop-down list reflect the columns displayed in the grid below the graph.
- Select the Show Required check box to toggle on and off the display of required data in the graph.
The graph shows times on the horizontal axis, and values on the vertical axis. The Legend (below the graph) indicates which color is used for which data category.
For each statistic, the grid displays actual values compared to forecasted, or scheduled and required, values. The displayed data is automatically refreshed at the conclusion of each 15-minute timestep, and represents the values from the most recent timestep. The grid's rows show timesteps, and its columns show statistic categories. The current timestep is identified by a yellow background.
By default, the grid shows a rolling view, which displays 12 hours before, and 12 hours after, the current timestep. You can choose instead to have the grid show the Whole Day view, which shows all of the timesteps, from midnight to midnight, of the current day.
- To use the current-day view, select Show Whole Day from the Actions menu.
The grid contains the following rows, which are labeled in the Time Step column:
|First row (--)||The first row displays summary (aggregate total or average) values for each statistic, calculated from the grid's first displayed timestep until the current timestep.|
|Timestep rows (numbered)||The remaining rows show 15-, 30-, or 60-minute timesteps. There are 24 hours' worth of data, which may be shown as including 12 hours before, and 12 hours after, the current timestep (rolling view) or from midnight to midnight of the current day (Current Day view). The rolling view is the default view.
Use the scroll bar to the right to reveal more timesteps. A yellow bar indicates the current timestep.
The grid's remaining columns show the following statistics and subcategories (these statistics are present in all views, and are described in the Performance overview):
- Interaction Volume
- Abandoned Interactions
- Service Level
- Deferred Service Level
- Actual Queue
- Required Staffing
For Interaction Volume and AHT, future "actual" timestep values are calculated based on the ratio of previous actual/forecast values from moment to moment. For the other columns, values for future timesteps are forecasted based on anticipated IV and AHT. Actual values replace these anticipated values as the displayed data is refreshed.
Display, Copy/Paste, and Other Options
The Intra-Day view provides the following options:
- You can resize the grid columns to better view their contents.
- You can copy data from the grid to the clipboard and then paste it into another application.
- Click, or use the Tab or arrow keys, to move the selection box to one or more table cells.
- Select Edit > copy, or use your operating system's "copy" keyboard shortcut (such as Ctrl+C or Command+C).
Toolbar and Actions Menu
You can use the following buttons on the toolbar (these commands also appear in the Actions menu):
|What If||Opens the What If window for calculating "what if" scenarios based on the selected timestep's data.|
|Show Whole Day||Click this button to toggle between a rolling view (12 hours before and 12 hours after the current timestep) to a current-day view (from midnight to midnight of the current day).|
|Total Forecasted Values for Whole Day||When selected, calculates totals across the grid's top row using actual performance data (displayed above the horizontal yellow line that indicates the current time slot) and forecast data (displayed below the line).
When not selected, calculates totals across the grid's top row using actual performance data only.
TipThis option affects only how the totals row is calculated, using the currently displayed data.
|Move to Current Day||Click this button to display data for today.|
|Options||Displays the Performance Options dialog box with a list of statistics that can be displayed in the grid.|