Adding and Editing Breaks
ImportantThis content may not be the latest Genesys Engage cloud content. To find the latest content, go to Workforce Management in Genesys Engage cloud.
Use the Break Properties pane to define the rules for assigning breaks during a shift.
A shift can contain up to eight breaks.
To configure a break:
- In the Shifts pane, select the shift with which you want to associate this break.
- In the right-side pane, select Shift Sequences.
- In the upper-right corner of the Shift Sequences pane, click Add Break association with shift ( ).
The Breaks To Be Associated With Shifts pane opens.
- In this pane, do one of the following:
- Add a new break by selecting New . The new break is added to the list and can be assigned to a shift.
- Create a copy of break by selecting it in the list and clicking Copy .
You can copy the break to the same site, by checking the Copy to the Same Site check box, or copy it to another business unit and site within the enterprise.
- Delete a break by selecting it in the list and clicking Delete . The break is no longer associated with any shift.
- Enter search criteria in the Search field (for example, the name of the break) to quickly find the break you want to apply or copy.
- To assign a break to a shift, select it and click Apply .
The break appears in the Meals and Breaks Associated with this Shift list.
Break Rules Properties
- Break Name—The name of the break. Use names that clearly identify the break type. The break name must be unique within the site.
- Break Short Name—Enter a short name of up to 6 characters (or 3 double-byte characters) to identify this break. The short name appears in schedule displays.
- Schedule State Group—Select a Schedule State Group in the drop-down list.
- Duration of the Break—The duration of this break in one-minute increments, entered in hh:mm format.
- Minimum Length from Shift Start—The minimum amount of time that must pass before an agent can start this break. Enter the duration in the format hours:minutes.
- Maximum Length from Shift Start—The maximum amount of time that can pass before an agent starts this break. Enter the duration in the format hours:minutes.
- Minimum Length from Shift End—The minimum amount of time that must pass after an agent returns to work from this break until the end of the shift. Enter the duration in the format hours:minutes.
- Fixed Position—Determines whether the break has to occur at a specific point in the shift. Possible values are None, Start of Shift, and End of Shift.
- Start Step—The increments between break start times. For example, with a start step of 15 minutes, agents leave for the break 15 minutes apart.
- Start Offset—Sets how many minutes past the hour in the interval in which a break may occur that the start step calculation should begin. Use Start Offset to adjust the break start to a finer granularity than using only the start step alone. For example, if your Start Step is set to 15 and the Start Offset to 1, then breaks could start at 12:01AM, 12:16AM, 12:31AM, and so on. Enter values in hh:mm format.
- Paid Time—When selected, the break is paid.
This page was last edited on October 2, 2020, at 12:35.