Add or Edit Exceptions
If you select Exception on the Choose Calendar Item screen, the Choose Exception screen appears when you click Next.
- Select an exception type from the Exceptions list. This list shows all of the exceptions that are available for the selected agent(s).
- Yes, under Paid, indicates that the exception counts as paid time.
- No, under Full Day, indicates a part-day exception.
- Yes, under Convertible, indicates an exception that can be converted to a Day Off.
- Set the Start Time and End Time, if necessary.
TipFor part-day and full-day exceptions, you can either type times directly into these text boxes, or use the up and down arrows to select the times. Click the down and up arrows to control hours. To change minutes, highlight and type over existing minutes. For example, you could enter a one-minute exception from 10:01 to 10:02.
- If you selected a full-day paid exception, you can select the Specify Paid Hours check box to enter a duration other than the default number of hours in a work day.
If you select the Specify Paid Hours check box, the Paid Hours text box becomes editable.TipIf you enter a start/end time but do not enter a value for Paid Hours, then Paid Hours will equal End Time minus Start Time (a value known as Standard Hours or Duration).
- If you want to enter a comment, type it into the Comments text box.
- Click Finish.
The Calendar reappears, displaying the new or edited exception.
If WFM Web cannot assign some selections, it opens a window that lists the agents, days, and reasons involved.
Multiple Part-Day Exceptions
You can add multiple part-day exceptions for a single day. Certain consistency checks apply:
- The exceptions must be compatible with all shift settings, including meal settings. If they are not, all of the exceptions are declined.
- Part-day exceptions cannot overlap each other or any part-day time-off.