|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Change Preference Status
- Before you publish the schedule, the possible actual status settings are Preferred, Granted, and Declined.
- After you publish the schedule, the possible actual status settings are Scheduled or Not Scheduled.
Before scheduling, a preference can be Granted, Declined, or Preferred. After a scheduled is built for the dates that include this preference, the status can be Scheduled (appears in the schedule) or Not Scheduled (does not appear in the schedule).
- A Granted preference will appear in the schedule unless it is first removed or unless another preference is added that out-ranks the first one. If this happens, the status of the lower-ranking preference changes to Declined.
- A Declined preference will not appear in the schedule unless it was declined in favor of a higher-ranking preference and the higher-ranking preference is later removed before the schedule is built. If this happens the preference goes back to its original status, which can be Granted or Preferred.
- A Preferred preference may appear in the schedule if it complies with the scheduling constraints and optimization settings that are configured for your site.
To change the status of a not-yet-scheduled item:
- In the Calendar's item column, click the name of the item you want to change.
- Click an action button for the item's new status: Prefer, Grant, or Decline.
- Click OK.
The new status appears in the Status columns.
Requested Status vs. Actual Status
Requested Status and Actual Status refer to the two ways in which each exception and preference is saved.
- Requested Status is the preference's status as entered by the user. If more than one preference is entered on a particular day, each item is saved to the database with the status that it has when entered.
- Actual Status is the status as resolved by WFM. WFM evaluates all current exceptions and preferences based on their positions in the calendar object hierarchy. If an agent has multiple preferences for a day, the Actual Status indicates how WFM has resolved them.
For example, if an agent prefers a full-day time off, that preference is saved in the database as Preferred. If the agent is then assigned (Granted) a meeting exception for that day, the exception overrides the preference. WFM evaluates the current set of exceptions and preferences, and notes the time-off preference as Declined. However, the database maintains the preference status as Preferred because, until a schedule is generated, the exception can be removed. In this case the preference would again take effect and the preference Actual Status would change to Preferred.