|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Configuring Time-Off Rules
The Time-Off Rules panes, which include Properties, Rules for Requests, and Assignments, enable you to create, edit, delete, and copy time-off rules, configure rules for requests, and assign time-off rules.
Creating Time-Off Rules
To create a time-off rule:
- In the Time-Off Rules pane, click New .
The Properties pane opens.
- Configure the Time-Off Rules Properties, as required.
- Click Save Now .
- Configure rules for time-off requests. See Rules for Requests.
- Assign agents and time-off types to this rule. See Assigning Time-Off Rules.
Editing Time-Off Rules
To edit a time-off rule:
- In the Time-Off Rules pane, select the rule you want to edit.
- Make the appropriate changes to the Properties and Rules for Requests pane settings.
- Click Save Now .
Deleting Time-Off Rules
To delete a time-off rule:
- In the Time-Off Rules pane, select the rule you want to delete.
- Click Delete .
- When the Confirmation dialog appears, click Yes to proceed or No to cancel the action.
Copying Time-Off Rules to Sites
To copy a time-off rule:
- In the Time-Off Rules pane, select the rule you want to copy.
- Click Copy .
- In the Copy Time-Off Rule pane, enter a new name for the rule.
- Remove the check mark from the Copy to the same Site check box if you want to copy the rule to site, other than the selected one. Otherwise, leave it checked.
- If you removed the check mark, select the site to which you want to copy this rule.
- Click Save Now .
Time-Off Rules Properties
You can configure the following properties for Time-Off Rules:
- Name—Accept the default name or enter a different name. The name must be unique within the site.
- Type—Select one of two types:
- Accrued—A certain number of time-off hours accumulate for each period worked.
- Awarded—Time off is given as a set amount for the year. For example, paid time off is usually accrued, whereas holidays are awarded.
- Ignore accrual settings (resulting in unlimited balances, if this rule is used)—Select this check box to disable:
- All other controls in the Properties pane.
- The Estimated daily paid hours and Estimated weekly paid hours in the Rules for Requests pane.
Default setting: cleared (disabled).
- Number of hours earned—Enter the number of hours that can be accrued every period in the hh:mm format.
- For every—Enter a number for how often the specified hours are accrued and then select the unit for the number (hours, days, weeks, months, or years) from the drop-down list.
- Limit the time-off balance to the following value—Select this check box to set a limit to the total number of time-off hours an agent can accumulate.
- Hours that can be carried over to the next year—Enter the number of time-off hours that can be carried over into the next yearly period. At carry-over, bonus and accrued time-off hours are combined and the allowed number of hours is carried over to the next year. Hours above the allowed carry-over number are deleted. The default number of carried-over hours is 0.
- Hours that can be taken in advance per year—Enter the number of time-off hours the agent can take in advance each year. These hours are offset by the hours accrued. This setting is disabled for awarded time-off rules.
- Apply rule on hire date (if not checked, rule becomes applicable after the period below, starting on the hire date)—Select this check box to specify that the agent accrues time off from the date of hire. If disabled, time off is accrued beginning on the date when time off can be requested as set in the Time Since Hire Before Time Off Request Allowed field.
- Time off can be requested after this period expires (after the hire date)—Enter the number of weeks or months the agent has to work after the hiring date before he or she can enter a time off request.
- Carry-over day—Enter a date that signifies the end of a period when carry-over days become applicable and a new time-off accrual period starts. It can be any day and month.
- The Carry-Over Day is applied to all agents who are assigned this time-off rule. The last carry-over date for all agents is updated to the date you select in the Carry-Over Day field.
- Time-off days can be requested or granted only if they are after the last carry-over date.
- Calculations of carry-over cannot be reversed.
- Carry-over calculations apply from the last carry-over date or the agent’s date of hire, whichever is more recent.