Monitoring SIP, Cisco UCM, or Skype for Business voice interactions
Workspace supports two approaches to monitoring, built-in Team Lead capabilities and support for 3rd-party Supervisor applications.
Depending on the technical environment of your voice channel, some voice specific supervisor switch-modes might not be available:
- Switching from coaching to barge-in is not possible for agents or supervisors who are logged in to an environment that uses SIP Server or Multimedia Connector for Skype for Business.
- Switching from coaching to barge-in is not possible for agents or supervisors who are logged in to an environment that uses T-Server for Cisco UCM.
- Switching from monitoring to barge-in isnot possible for agents or supervisors who are logged in to an environment that uses T-Server for Cisco UCM.
- Only Interaction Workspace 8.1.3 and higher and Workspace Desktop Edition 8.5.0 and higher are compatible with T-Server for Cisco UCM.
- To use Skype for Business with Workspace, you must install the Workspace Plugin for Skype for Business.
Team Lead functionality
You can configure an agent role to have the Team Lead capability. Team Leads have capabilities that extend beyond the coaching and barge-in abilities that are enabled by internal communications. Interaction Workspace supports auto-monitoring of agents in an agent group by a team lead that is configured as the Supervisor of this Agent Group.
A Team Lead can perform the following functions:
- Monitor the next interaction or the currently active interaction.
- Select an agent and monitor all the voice interactions of this agent in one of two modes:
- silent—neither the agent nor the contact is aware of the monitoring
- coaching—only the agent can hear the Team Lead
- Silently monitor voice interactions
- Start a coaching monitoring session from a silent session
- Start a barge-in (all parties on the call can hear the Team Lead) monitoring session from silent or coaching session
- Start a silent monitoring session from coaching or barge-in session
Enable Team Lead functionality by allowing the Team Lead Privileges.
To support the monitoring of currently active voice interactions, you must also configure the SIP Server or T-Server for Cisco UCM application object by setting the intrusion-enabled option in the TServer section to the value true.
You can enable agents to be monitored by a supervisor that is using a Supervisor application, such as Genesys 7.6 Supervisor Desktop, if you are running a Genesys Suite that include Genesys SIP Server or T-Server for Cisco UCM and Genesys Media Server. The monitoring feature is implemented as a hidden conference with the SIP DN or Cisco UCM DN of a supervisor.
If configured, the agent is notified through the Workspace interface during supervisor monitoring. All monitoring is conducted through the supervisor application. If the supervisor is using whisper coaching or barge-in, an "eye" icon is displayed within the voice interaction window to indicate that the call is monitored. When the supervisor leaves the call, the icon disappears.