ClickOnce deployment prerequisites
ClickOnce provides a centralized deployment environment that enables you to distribute software and updates from a single server to all agent workstations.
A ClickOnce deployment requires certain conditions to be met both on the client-side and on the server side. This section summarizes the prerequisites for deployment on different web severs and on the client workstation. Refer to the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide topic for information about the specific environment, system, and operating system versions that are supported by Interaction Workspace.
Licensing and certificate management
For details on deploying security certificates, refer to Security Constraints.
Deployment on an Apache server
You must have a Windows server, Linux server, or Solaris server, and Apache Server (refer to Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide). You must also configure Apache by using the following Procedure: Configuring Apache to enable the ClickOnce package.
Deployment on an IIS server
Your environment must have Windows Server and Microsoft IIS (Refer to the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide).
The Workspace Deployment Manager is installed on the server along with the application material. To deploy Workspace, launch the Workspace Deployment Manager wizard. The wizard prompts for the required information. You must sign the ClickOnce deployment using a corporate certificate or a test certificate.
Deployment on the client
Workspace runs on the Window client-side operating system. The workstation must have the .NET Framework installed. The following browsers are supported: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Refer to the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for the specific versions that are supported.
- To use Mozilla Firefox, you must install the following add-on : "Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant". This add-on enables you to start the application directly and have Framework .NET detection. This add-on is found here: Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
- If you have Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.3.0 or higher installed, then the publish.htm page might not detect the installed prerequisites and might display a warning. In this case, click the launch link.
- To use Google Chrome, you must install the following add-on "ClickOnce for Google Chrome" from Chrome Web Store : ClickOnce for Google Chrome
- Other browsers, such as Safari and Opera are not officially supported and might not function correctly.
- To properly deploy the Workspace ClickOnce package on agent workstations, the end users must have write access to the StartMenu folder of their Windows Users Profile.
Mass Deployment of .NET Framework
If you do not have the .NET Framework installed on all of your client workstation, you can use the procedures that are found on the Microsoft Developer Network to perform a mass deployment. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee390831(v=vs.110).aspx
Non-ClickOnce deployment prerequisites
A non-ClickOnce deployment does not give you the advantages of managing updates to privileges, permissions, or software upgrades. A non-ClickOnce deployment is done typically for testing or development purposes where the agent workstation is not in a production environment. Only the Workspace application is installed on the client workstation.
Refer to the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference Guide for information about client-side operating system and browsers support in a non-ClickOnce deployment.
Mass Deployment of .NET Framework
If you do not have the .NET Framework installed on all of your client workstation, you can use the procedures found on the Microsoft Developer Network to perform a mass deployment. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee390831(v=vs.110).aspx