A human resource whose primary role in the business consists in the direct management of agents, and who, therefore, may occasionally engage in the interaction-handling process (for example, for coaching or emergency purposes).
The person who has front-line responsibility for a group of agents. Generally, supervisors are equipped with special telephones and computer terminals that enable the monitoring of agent activities.
Concepts And Features
Workspace features a unified user interface (UI) that empowers contact center employees to make their contact center truly dynamic by enabling them to respond in real time to real-time information from a wide variety of touch points and channels.
Workspace enhances internal communications, user performance, and quality. Workspace features a privilege-driven flow of information based on roles that you assign to your agents.
The following is a list of some of the main features of Workspace:
- Role-based application
- Open Framework for integration and extendability
- Support of plug-ins from many Genesys solutions.
- Advanced Multi-Channel Interaction interface
- Active Call Recording
- Active Screen Recording
- Multiple Channels
- Inbound Voice for both SIP and TDM
- Outbound Campaigns
- Callback/Web Callback
- Inbound Video
- Video Chat
- Chat (including support for Chat High Availability (HA) and nicknames)
- SMS and MMS
- Web Callback
- Facebook (by an eServices plug-in)
- Twitter (by an eServices plug-in)
- RSS (by an eServices plug-in)
- Team Communicator
- Favorites and Corporate Favorites
- Internal Instant Messaging
- Standard Response Library and suggested responses (including filtering by language or other category)
- Agent and Contact-Center performance tracking
- Contact History Management
- Last-agent routing
- Broadcast Message viewing
- Disposition codes
- Customer context notifications
- Silent Monitoring, coaching, and barge-in (SIP and Chat only; for Team Lead agents or from a 3rd party Supervisor, including monitoring the current interaction)
- Spelling check (including corporate dictionary support)
- Business Continuity (Disaster Recovery)
- Implementation of Language Packs to facilitate the customization of the User Interface in any non-right-reading language.
- Business Data Management and Case Data Management
Workspace incorporates Genesys interactions into a multi-modal paradigm that enables agents to invoke interactions within interactions to ensure a consistent customer experience.
Workspace is integrated with Genesys 8 components and applications, including Enterprise Services, Platform SDK, Management Framework, T-Servers, Universal Contact Server, Interaction Server, Configuration Server Data Base, Statistics Server for Reporting, SIP Server, and various specialized plug-in IPs. Workspace is dependent upon Genesys Administrator Extension. See Architecture for a more detailed description of the Workspace architecture.
Workspace displays all dates based on the time zone and the locale of the workstation where the user is logged in.