Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies whether the IM transcript is displayed as simple lines of text lines instead of text blocks.
You use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure the channel to handle IM interactions:
- im.simple-transcript: Specifies whether the IM transcript is displayed as simple lines of text or as colored blocks of text. [Added: 8.5.122.08]
Enabling agents to use Instant Messaging
To enable an agent to use Instant Messaging (IM) to send and receive text messages with an internal target.
- Genesys Administrator 8.0.2 or higher, configured to show Advanced View, or Genesys Administrator Extension.
- A working knowledge of Genesys Administrator Extension.
- A Workspace Application object exists in the Configuration Database.
- Workspace has a connection to SIP Server.
- Allow the Team Communicator privileges (see Team Communicator Privileges) for the role to which the agent is assigned (refer to the Procedure: Creating a Role and allowing a Workspace privilege and assigning a Role to an agent or agent group).
- Configure the Team Communicator options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the Team Communicator configuration option reference for a list of Team Communicator options and a description of how to configure them).
- Allow the following IM privileges for the role to which the agent is assigned:
- Can Release IM
- Can Make IM
- Can Use IM
- Configure the IM options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the IM configuration option reference for a list of IM options and a description of how to configure them).
- Ensure that the SIP DN of the Place used for Instant Messaging has the following options defined in the TServer section:
- sip-signaling-chat = none
- multimedia = true
- voice =
- false: The DN will handle only IM
- true: The DN will handle IM and voice
- "": Option not set (Default = true; therefore, the DN will handle IM and voice)
- The DN that holds the IM channel does not support the ACDPosition type. It must be of type Extension.
- If the voice key is not included in the Tserver Section, the DN handles both IM and voice.