Default Value: false
Valid Values: true, false
Changes Take Effect: Immediately
Specifies whether the IM transcript is displayed as simple lines of text lines instead of text blocks.
You use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure the channel to handle IM interactions:
- im.simple-transcript: Specifies whether the IM transcript is displayed as simple lines of text or as colored blocks of text. [Added: 8.5.122.08]
If you grant an agent voice capabilities and Instant Messaging (IM) capabilities on two different DNs, the agent does not get Outbound Campaign notifications and experiences other issue when handling Outbound Campaign interactions.
Workaround: Configure the Log On As Person feature of the Outbound Contact Server so that it does not "see" the IM DNs that are configured in the Places of the agent.
Enabling agents to use Instant Messaging
To enable an agent to use Instant Messaging (IM) to send and receive text messages with an internal target.
- Genesys Administrator 8.0.2 or higher, configured to show Advanced View, or Genesys Administrator Extension.
- A working knowledge of Genesys Administrator Extension.
- A Workspace Application object exists in the Configuration Database.
- Workspace has a connection to SIP Server.
- Allow the Team Communicator privileges (see Team Communicator Privileges) for the role to which the agent is assigned (refer to the Procedure: Creating a Role and allowing a Workspace privilege and assigning a Role to an agent or agent group).
- Configure the Team Communicator options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the Team Communicator configuration option reference for a list of Team Communicator options and a description of how to configure them).
- Allow the following IM privileges for the role to which the agent is assigned:
- Can Release IM
- Can Make IM
- Can Use IM
- Configure the IM options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the IM configuration option reference for a list of IM options and a description of how to configure them).
- Ensure that the SIP DN of the Place used for Instant Messaging has the following options defined in the TServer section:
- sip-signaling-chat = none
- multimedia = true
- voice =
- false: The DN will handle only IM
- true: The DN will handle IM and voice
- "": Option not set (Default = true; therefore, the DN will handle IM and voice)
- The DN that holds the IM channel does not support the ACDPosition type. It must be of type Extension.
- If the voice key is not included in the Tserver Section, the DN handles both IM and voice.