CM - Uploading Media Files
Channel Monitoring Media Files are uploaded via the Channel Monitoring - Media Files page.
The uploaded media is used for the Receive Media and Send Media Call Stages of a Call Flow.
Please ensure you upload .WAV audio files with the following supported audio codecs:
- G.711 Mu Law - pcmu/8000
- G.711 A Law - pcma/8000
Adding New Media
Please use the following steps to upload a new Media File:
- Select Channel Monitoring > Media Files from the Workbench navigation bar.
- The Channel Monitoring - Media Files page is displayed.
- A "Currently there are no Media Files uploaded" message is presented if no Media Files are yet configured
- Click the Upload Media File button
- The Upload IVR Media File dialog is displayed.
- In the Category field, provide a descriptive Category name (i.e. "Support") for the media being uploaded
- This category is used to logically group the files; if a Category already exists, it will display in the drop-down list; otherwise a new Category will be created
- In the Name field, provide a descriptive Name (i.e. "Welcome")
- For the File field, simply drag and drop the file on this field or click Select to browse to the file to be uploaded
- Note: Uploaded files must be in .wav format.
- Click the Save button.
Example images for context below:
Once you have uploaded Media files, they are listed on the Channel Monitoring - Media Files page, as per the image above.
The Media File table provides the following details:
- ID - represents an unique ID for each Media file; it is an optionally displayed column.
- Name - represents the Name of the Media file; it is a default displayed column.
- Category - represents the Category group (i.e. Support, Sales) to which the Media File belongs to; it is a default displayed column.
- Duration(s) - represents the time Duration (seconds) of the Media file; it is an optionally displayed column.
- Data Format - represents the codec (uLaw/aLaw) details of the uploaded .WAV file; it is an optionally displayed column.
- Upload Date - represents the date/time which the Media file was uploaded to WB; it is a default displayed column.
- Associated Call Flows - represents the Call Flow Names which use this Media file within its Call Stages; it is a default displayed column.
- File Size (kB) - represents the size of the Media file in KB's; it is an optionally displayed column.
At the end of each row, there are options for the Media file:
- To Edit the Media File, select the Pencil button.
- To Playback/Listen to the Media File, select the Play button.
- To Download the Media File locally (for backup), select Download button.
- To Delete the Media File, select the Delete button.
Use the Show/Hide Columns button on top of the Media table to view/hide optionally displayed columns.
- Media Files should/can not be deleted if being used in an existing Call Flow within a Receive Media or Send Media Stage.
- To delete a Media File that is assigned to Call Flows, first unassign the Media File from the Call Flows, then delete the Media File.