Client Browser URL is big and Kibana might stop working
- For Workbench 9.0 to 9.2:
- If a The URL is big and Kibana might stop working error message is encountered, Genesys recommends:
- Login into Workbench
- Open a new Browser tab
- Navigate to http://<WB_HOST>:8181/app/kibana#/management/kibana/settings/
- Scroll down to Store URL's in session storage and set state:storeInSessionStorage to ON
For the Elastic stack components, Elasticsearch and Logstash are the main Workbench components that write to the node/host system Temp directory; these Temp directory locations can be changed via the respective local config files.
For the Logstash component please change the following file:
- Within the jvm.options file, uncomment (remove the “#”) from the start of “-Djava.io.tmpdir=$HOME”
- Replace “$HOME” with the directory location that you would like to use for Temp.
- After saving the file, restart the Windows WB_Logstash_9.1.x Service for the changes to take effect.
For Elasticsearch, change the Temp directory by setting the following environment variable:
- After setting that environment variable, please restart the WB_Elasticsearch_9.1.x Service for the changes to take effect.