Remote Alarm Monitoring
With the Workbench Remote Alarm Monitoring (RAM) Service activated, the customers on-premise Workbench instance transitions/transmits a specific subset of Genesys Engage Critical and Major Alarms, externally, to Genesys Customer Care, who will then proactively create a Genesys Case and will liaise, if required, with the customer accordingly to proactively progress and resolve the issue(s); the alarms can also sent to the customers mobile device via the Genesys Care Mobile App.
Workbench Remote Alarm Monitoring is an annual service available to customers, please contact your Genesys Care representive for further details.
The following pages will guide you on the following:
- How to get started with Remote Alarm Monitoring
- How to activate Workbench Remote Alarm Monitoring
- Using the Genesys Care Mobile App (for alarm notifications and to view alarm details)
- What alarm types are supported by Workbench Remote Alarm Monitoring
- What is the process when an alarm is received by Genesys Customer Care from the customers on-site Workbench installation
- Advising Customer Care about Maintenance Windows
- Entitled to the Workbench Remote Alarm Monitoring feature can be confirmed via your Genesys Care maintenance representative; if/when entitled, please follow the Getting Started section/page within this Remote Alarm Monitoring chapter.
Workbench with Remote Alarm Monitoring Architecture
When Remote Alarm Monitoring is also deployed, Workbench communicates over a secure RabbitMQ connection with Genesys, where additional service components are located, as shown in the figure below.
- Genesys Customer Alarm Collector to process alarms detected in your environment
- Genesys Care Mobile Application to notify you about alarms as they are detected
- Genesys Customer Care to route each Critical and Major alarm to a support expert, who proactively opens a case and immediately begins to troubleshoot the issue