OPM Common Block
- 1 OPM Common Block
The OPM block enables VXML and SCXML applications to use Operational Parameters (OPM) which allow a business user to externally control the behavior of these applications. Operational Parameters are defined and managed in the Operational Parameter Management (OPM) feature of Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX). The OPM block is available for both Callflows (VXML) and Workflows (SCXML).
- At application design time in Composer, the OPM block allows browsing through a JSON structure based on metadata retrieved from the GAX server in order to form a JSON expression.
- At runtime code generated by the OPM block evaluates the specified expression and assign results to the App_OPM (voice application) or system.OPM (routing application) application variable accessible via the Entry block.
GAX refers to a Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) plug-in application used by Genesys web application Genesys Pulse (formerly EZPulse). Genesys Pulse enables at-a-glance views of contact center real-time statistics in the GAX user interface. A button on the Composer main toolbar, Launch GAX Server Command, lets you launch the Genesys Administrator Extension used by the GAX Server. Composer uses the server host, port, username, and password entered on the GAX Server Preferences page to fetch audio resource management parameters or an audio resource IDs list. Before using this block set GAX Server Preferences.
- The OPM block in Composer 8.1.2 supports GAX 8.1.2.
- GVP 8.1.6 supports OPM parameters only with lowercase key names - Composer includes a warning to that effect. Please consult your GVP version's documentation for any changes to this behavior.
- OPM Complex parameters like Schedule and Custom List types are not supported by GVP 8.1.6 and also not supported in Composer 8.1.3+.
OPM Parameters in GAX must be associated with an IVR Profile (for callflows) or a routing strategy (for workflows). For more information on OPM parameter group associations, see:
- The GVP 8.5 User's Guide, Provisioning IVR Profiles, IVR Profile Configuration Options, gvp.context-services-authentication, option transaction object ID.
- GAX User Guide on how to deploy or associate OPM parameters with an IVR or a routing application: Parameter Group Templates.
The OPM block has the following properties:
Block Notes Property
Logging Details Property
Log Level Property
Enable Status Property
Assign OPM Data Property
Use this property to assign OPM parameters from GAX to variables.
- Click opposite Assign OPM Data under Value. This brings up the button.
- Click the button to bring up the Assign OPM Data dialog box.
- Click Add.
- Select the variable or click the Variables button to add a new variable.
- Enter a value for the variable or click the button where you can create an expression with ExpressionBuilder.
Reread OPM Data Property
Select true or false to indicate whether to read OPM data during a mid-call. Note: In case of GVP, this property would be hidden as GVP does not support mid-call fetching.
ORS Extensions Property
Starting with 8.1.4, Composer blocks used to build routing applications (with the exception of the Disconnect and EndParallel blocks) add a new ORS Extensions property.