Common Blocks & Functionality
This topic describes the blocks and functionality that can be used for both Orchestration routing and GVP voice applications.
Composer provides the following Common blocks:
- Assign Block. Use to assign a computed value/expression or an entered value to a variable.
- Branching Block. Use as a decision point in a callflow or workflow. It enables you to specify multiple application routes based on a branching condition. Depending on which condition is satisfied, the call follows the corresponding application route.
- Context Services Blocks. If the Context Services capability is enabled at your site, you can use the following Context Services blocks to create callflows/workflows that extract customer data elements from the UCS Database and apply this knowledge when creating routing or voice applications.
- Log Block. Use to record information about an application. For example, you can log caller-recorded input collected while an application is running or error messages.
- Looping Block. Use to iterate over a sequence of blocks multiple times.
- Outbound Common Blocks. Support Genesys Outbound Contact.
- Server-Side Blocks. These blocks provide the ability to interact with internal and external custom server-side pages, Web Services, and URLs. These blocks can be used to exchange data like VoiceXML and SCXML variables, JSON strings between GVP interpreter, and custom server-side pages.
These topics describe the Functionality that can be used for both Orchestration routing and GVP voice applications.
- Code Generation
- Custom Blocks
- Customization Manager
- Diagram Preferences
- Exception Events
- Expression Builder
- Genesys Administration Extension Preferences
- Getting Using Email Addresses
- Import and Export
- Link Tool
- Time Zone Preferences
- User Data
- Variables Mapping
Note: Composer does not support copying blocks from a callflow to a workflow or vice-versa.
Special Note on Entry and Exit Blocks
These two blocks are also present on the palette for both routing and voice applications. The Entry block for routing applications has a different set of events than the Entry block for voice applications.
Routing and voice applications use the same link tools:
Composer Help Wiki URL
The URL to the Composer Help wiki is configurable by using the Online Wiki URL field: Window > Preferences > Composer >Help. The default works with English but if, for example, Japanese pages were available in a different location, then you could change the URL accordingly.