Import and Export
- 1 Import and Export
- 1.1 Importing External Files into Your Composer Project
- 1.2 Importing Composer Projects into Your Workspace
- 1.3 Importing a CallFlow or Workflow Diagram Template
- 1.4 Exporting Application Prompts
- 1.5 Exporting a Composer Project as a WAR File
- 1.6 Exporting Composer Projects to an Archive File
- 1.7 Application Reporting
- 1.8 Importing and Exporting Diagram Templates
Composer provides several import options as described in this topic.
Importing External Files into Your Composer Project
If you have files, such as pre-recorded audio prompts for your application, that you would like to add to a Composer Project, you can add the files to the appropriate folder (such as the Resources\Prompts\en-US folder for audio prompt files) by dragging and dropping the files from Windows Explorer. Or, you can use the Composer Import function as follows:
- Select File > Import, expand the General folder, then select File System and click Next.
- In the Import File System dialog box, click the From directory Browse button to navigate to the folder that contains your audio prompt files.
- Select the files and folders to import.
- Click the Into folder Browse button and navigate to the location within an existing Composer Project (preferably within the Resources folder) where the files will be stored.
- If you know you want to overwrite the resources in the selected folder, select the Overwrite existing resources without warning check box.
- Select either Create complete folder structure or Create selected folders only as your situation dictates.
- Click Finish to launch the import.
Use the Resource Type in the Prompt Settings dialog box of your Prompt block to add an audio file into the actual prompts of your application.
Importing Composer Projects into Your Workspace
Eclipse provides import and export options for copying Projects. Use the Import Wizard to copy the Composer Project from any other location into your workspace.
- Select File > Import, expand the General folder, then select Existing Projects into Workspace and click Next.
- Specify the path of the location from where you want to import the Project.
- All Projects in the workspace will be shown in the Projects list. Select the ones that you wish to copy. Select the check box at the bottom to copy the files into your current workspace.
- Click Finish to import the Composer Project.
Importing a CallFlow or Workflow Diagram Template
Diagrams saved as templates can be imported from the file system. See Diagram Templates for more information.
Exporting Application Prompts
You can export all the prompts from your Composer Project as XML or CSV files. This is very useful when sending the voice scripts to a Recording Studio where audio files would be recorded. Developers can also make good use of this feature for doing a quick review and sanity check of all application prompts.
- Select File > Export, expand the Composer folder, then select Export Prompts Listing and click Next.
- Select the Composer Project whose prompts you wish to export, the format for the export (XML or CSV), and the destination location. A file with the same name as the name of your Composer Project will be created in the destination location. The file extension will depend upon the format of the export selected.
- Click Finish to begin the export.
Exporting a Composer Project as a WAR File
Exporting a Composer Project as a .war file is the first required step to deploy the voice application on your Production Web Application Server. Therefore, this subject is covered under Deploying Voice Applications. Note: When you export a Project to a .war file, SQL files are not generated from DB Data blocks. Generate code once before exporting a project. Note: The following folders are not needed after export:
Exporting Composer Projects to an Archive File
To export to an archive:
- Select File > Export, expand the General folder, then select Archive File and click Next.
- Select the Composer Project(s) to save as an archive.
- Navigate to a destination for the archive file.
- Under Options, save as a .zip or .tar file, create a directory structure or only selected directories, and decide whether to compress the contents of the archive file.
- Click Finish to begin the export.
Note: The following folders are not needed after export:
Diagrams saved as templates can exported to another user's Composer. See Exporting a Diagram Template to the File System for more information. When a Project is exported, Composer creates an entry in its logs. You can find the log file in: <workspace folder>\.metadata\.log This location is fixed. You cannot move the log file to another location.
Composer applications can generate reports that can be displayed in the Reporting Server. You need the Reporting Server to be installed in your GVP setup to get application reports. The Reporting blocks can be used to send IVR-related reports from Composer-generated applications. To enable application reporting, use the EnableReports variable. Use the VAR Call Browser in Genesys Administrator to access the reported data that is generated by the Reporting blocks when EnableReports is set to true. Note: Refer to Reporting Server and Genesys Administrator documentation for more details on Voice Application Reporting concepts.
Importing and Exporting Diagram Templates
Diagrams saved as templates can exported to/imported from the file system. See Using Diagrams as Templates for more information.