The Context Services blocks listed below support variables mapping.
In addition, the eServices block, Identify Contact, also supports variables mapping. Each of the above blocks can return data as JSON objects, which can then be stored in callflow/workflow variables. When your application needs to access a property in the JSON object, you must use an Assign block to copy the property value into a variable where it can be accessed. Variable mapping allows you to specify the variables for certain properties of the resulting JSON object and, at run time, populate the variables with the property values. When the returned data is an array of JSON objects, the variables are populated with the property values of the first item in the array. In cases where an application needs to iterate over each of the items in the array and also populate the variables with data from each item, use the Looping block with a reference to the block responsible for the retrieving the data. To set up variable mapping for a block, use the Variables Mapping dialog box, which opens from the Variables Mapping block property in one of the Context Services blocks listed above.
- Click under Value to display the button.
- Click the button to open the Variables Mapping dialog box.
- Click Add to open the Configure Variables Mapping dialog box.
- Click the down arrow opposite Variable and select the variable into which the value needs to be stored.
- Opposite Mapping, you can specify it in two ways:
- Type in the property path to access the JSON property.
- Select from a tree. Since the property hierarchy specification may be tedious and prone to errors, a mapping selector tree is provided below the Mapping text field. Clicking on any node within the tree will update the Mapping text field with the JSON property hierarchy of the selected node. If the selected node is an element within a JSON Array, then the mapping will display a [ ] implying that the hierarchy contains an array. Leaving the [ ] will automatically default to  in first item of the array.
- Click OK. The Variables Mapping dialog box reflects the assignment.
- Click Add again to map another variable.
- You may continue assigning customer attributes to variables in this fashion.