GVP Voice Project Templates
Composer provides the following Project templates for voice applications:
- Business Logic Project
- CCXML Project
- Database Query Result Access Project
- Database Stocks Project
- NBest Results Handling Project
- OSDM Project
- Transfer Project
- User Input
- Voice Recording
Sample: NBest Results Handling Project
This application demonstrates processing of NBest Results and confirming the user input. For example, in a voice application there may be cases where the application must clarify a user response, such as:
- A Speech Recognizer may return multiple results in the case of a noisy environment or indistinct pronunciation of words.
- Grammar complexities may cause the user's input to be ambiguous.
NBest processing logic helps a voice application to clarify user responses.
- The Entry block enables NBest properties:
- Instructs the Speech Recognizer to return multiple results by setting maxnbest to an integer greater than one.
- Sets the confidencelevel decimal value (value values from 0.0 to 1.0) indicating the recognizer's confidence that the utterance matches what the user actually said.
- An Input block Obtains the results:
- Instructs the user about the expected input details.
- An external grammar file will be used by the ASR engine to process the user input.
- Enables shadow variables.
- A Branching block uses the Input block’s shadow variable to check whether there are multiple results.
- An Assign block assigns the obtained results to a variable:
- Creating a custom VXML page to process the multiple results array:
- Iterating over the Array to prompt the user about the results.
- Asking the user to confirm the exact result using a simple inline grammar.
- A Subdialog block Invokes the NBest Processing VXML page:
- ProcessNBestResults.vxml has been placed inside the src directory.
- Passing the results (LastResult variable) as input for the VXML page.
- Defining an Output variable to receive the return result from the VXML page.
- A Prompt block announces the user confirmation result.
This page was last edited on July 2, 2013, at 13:07.
Comments or questions about this documentation? Contact us for support!