Test Calls Do Not Work
If the test calls from Composer keep failing, check the following:
- Do you keep getting Received 200 OK without receiving debugging control info for every test call made from Composer?
- Make sure that the vxmli.debug.enabled parameter on the MCP is set to true. Follow the instructions in Post-Installation Configuration to verify the values.
- Is the Tomcat service or IIS service running?
- If you are using Tomcat, take the actions described in Tomcat Service Failed to Start. If no port conflict exists, try restarting Tomcat from Windows Services.
- If you are using IIS, take the actions described in Deployment Failure on IIS. Try restarting IIS from Windows Services.
- Has Debugger configuration been set as described in the Configure Tomcat and Debugger Settings cheat sheet, or has IIS been configured according to the Setting IIS Preferences cheat sheet?
- Check the instructions in Post-Installation Configuration.
- Is there a SIP Phone running on the configured host and port number?
- Check your installation for a SIP Phone, and check the SIP Phone values in Post-Installation Configuration.
- Can you make a test call directly from the SIP Phone?
- If so, this confirms that the MCP and SIP Phone are working fine.
- Is your SIP Phone running on the dedicated port?
- If not, check your SIP Phone documentation to see how to configure it to run on a dedicated port. If the SIP Phone does not support this, switch to one of the SIP Phones like X-Lite which provides this capability.
- Do you have a local firewall on the development server (for example, Windows Firewall on Windows XP/2003)?
Make sure that the following TCP ports have been opened:
- Tomcat port (this is generally set to port 8080). If you installed Tomcat on a different port, open its corresponding port in the firewall. IIS port (this is generally set to port 80). If you installed IIS on a different port, open its corresponding port in the firewall.
- UDP port on which your SIP Phone is running (by default this will be 5060 or 5070). Check your SIP Phone settings for the exact port number.
- RTP ports on which your SIP Phone will get the audio stream. Check your SIP Phone Help file for details on this. Some SIP phones will auto-configure this during installation.
If you continue to run into problems with the firewall and calls are not successful, try turning off the firewall temporarily when making the test calls.