Using the SCXML Editor
The Composer SCXML editor is embedded/integrated within the user interface and are made available to you whenever an .scxml file is created or accessed within Composer.
Creating a New Project
Follow the steps below after you have created a Project.
- Switch to Composer perspective.
- Click the File menu and select New > SCXML File. The Create New SCXML File dialog box opens.
- Select the Project.
- Name the file. You now have two choices:
- If you do not wish to use a template, click Finish.
- To use a template, click Next, Use SCXML Template, select the template, and click Finish.
The Workflows folder in the Project Explorer shows the name of the file under your Project. Composer displays the SCXML Editor.
- Create the code.
Open an Existing or Imported File
The SCXML editor also opens whenever you open an existing .scxml ile, whether previously created as described above, or previously imported into Composer. Open an existing file as follows:
- Select File > Open File and navigate to the file to open, OR
Open a Project's src or src-gen folder in the Project Explorer, then double-click the file to open it in the editor.