Creating a New Routing Project
When building any application in Composer, you first need to create a Project. A Project for a routing application contains all the workflows and other files for your application. It also automatically creates the required interaction process diagram. By associating a workflow or other routing application with a Project, you enable Composer to manage all the associated files and resources in the Project Explorer.
Creating a Project for a Workflow
Before creating a new Project, you may wish to review Your First Application: DNS Routing.
To create a new Project for a workflow:
- Click the down arrow next to the button above the Project Explorer.
- Select Java Composer Project.
- In the Project dialog box, type a name for your Project.
- If you want to save the Composer Project in your default workspace, select the Use default location check box. If not, clear the check box, click Browse, and navigate to the location where you wish to store the Composer Project.
- Select the Project type:
- Integrated Voice and Route. Select to create a Project that contains both callflows and workflows that interact with each other; for example a routing strategy that invokes a GVP voice application. For more information on both voice and routing applications, see What is GVP and How Do Voice Apps Work and What Is a Routing Strategy, respectively. This selection grayed out if you have not enabled Composer's routing functionality as described in the Hiding File Types topic.
- Voice. Select to create a Project associated with the GVP 8.x. This type of Project may include callflows, and related server-side files. For more information on this type of Project, see topic, What is GVP and How Do Voice Apps Work.
- Route. Select to create a Project associated with the URS 8.x SCXML Engine/Interpreter. For more information on this type of Project, see topic, What Is a Routing Workflow. This selection grayed out if you have not enabled Composer's routing functionality as described in the Hiding File Types topic.
- Click Next.
- If you want to use templates, expand the appropriate Project type category and select a template for your application. Templates are sample applications for different purposes.
Note: The Route After Sending Autoresponse Project template demonstrates the use of an interaction processing diagram. If you want to start from scratch, choose the Blank Project template and click Next.
- Select the default locale and click Next.
- Optional. If using the GVP ICM Adapter in a VoiceXML application, select the Enable ICM checkbox to enable integration. When checked, ICM variables will be visible in the Entry block. See the ICM Interaction Data block for more information.
- Click Finish.
Composer now creates your new Project. Your new Project folder and its subfolders appear in the Project Explorer. The canvas area shows default.ixprocess tab for the interaction process diagram.
Continue with the Block Palette Reference for interaction process diagrams.