|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
DOTNet (.NET) Project Issues
This section contains information on issues that may arise when working with .NET Projects.
Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) Not Installed
For Composer versions prior to 8.1.420.14, use the steps below to work with Composer .NET Projects when the machine does not have WSE 3.0 installed:
- Create a dummy file named Microsoft.Web.Services3.dll in any location.
- Open Composer.
- Go to Window>Preferences>Composer>IIS/.NET.
- Click Browse for the Microsoft WSE 3.0 Installed Path option.
- Navigate to dummy Microsoft.Web.Service3.dll file location and select it.
Composer will now allow you to create a .NET Project with few errors in the getWebServiceData.jsp page, which only affects the Web Services block.
Backend Page Requests Failing
If requests to backend pages in a .NET Composer Project are failing, it may be due to IIS validation. IIS validates all requests for security reasons.
- It is possible to disable validation. You can do this for a specific page by adding the following directive in the ASPX file: <%@ Page validateRequest="false" %>
- You can also disable validation for the entire Project by adding this configuration to the web.config file: <configuration> <system.web> <pages validateRequest="false" /> </system.web> </configuration> Note that request validation is a security feature provided by ASP. Disabling it is at your own risk. See for details.
Error 500.24 - Internal Server Error
If you are using IIS 7 or IIS 7.5 with Integrated Pipeline Mode, requests to backend pages in a .NET Composer Project may fail with 500.24 Internal Server Error. This occurs because ASP.NET Integrated mode is unable to impersonate the request identity in the pipeline stages.
It is possible to ignore or workaround the 500.24 error.
- If your application does not rely on impersonation, edit the predefined web.config file within the DotNet Composer Project to set impersonate to false, <system.web> <identity impersonate="false"/>
- If your application relies on impersonation, configure Impersonate in IIS 7 as suggested in this link. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730708(v=WS.10).aspx
- If you want to ignore these errors edit the predefined web.config file to set ValidateIntegratedModeConfiguration property to false. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb422433(v=vs.90).aspxhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa965174(v=vs.90).aspx
- If you want to use the Composer predefined web.config file without making any new changes, set the Request-Processing mode of the Application pool to classic in your IIS. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725564(v=ws.10).aspx