Creating a New Workflow Diagram
Composer provides a cheat sheet to walk you through the steps for building a routing strategy.
- In the Welcome Screen (Help > Welcome), click the Composer link and select the Create a Routing Strategy tutorial. It will also describe the steps for how to simulate calls.
- If you are already inside the workbench, access the same cheat sheet from the Menu bar at the top by selecting Help > Cheat Sheets > Composer > Routing Strategy.
Adding a Workflow Diagram to a Project
To add a new workflow diagram to an existing Composer Project:
- Click the button on the main toolbar to create a new workflow .
- Or use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+R.
- Or select File > New > Workflow Diagram.
- Or right-click the Workflows folder in a Project and select New > Other > Workflow Diagram.
- In the wizard, select the tab for the type of the workflow. There are two main types of workflows in Composer represented by wizard tabs:
- Main Workflow: Used for the main application where the call will land or be transferred to from another application.
- Subworkflow: Used for modularizing your applications. It is useful for structuring large applications into manageable components.
- Select either Main Workflow or Subworkflow.
- Select the type of diagram.
- Click Next.
- Select the Project.
- Click Finish.
- Create the workflow. See Your First Application "DNIS Routing" on how to get started.
Note: The condition expression for event-related properties in interaction process (IPD) and workflow diagrams are not XML-escaped when generating the SCXML code. For more information, see Troubleshooting ORS Compile Errors and Non Escaped Special Charcters.