|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Deployment Failure on IIS
In a .NET Composer Project, if you try to deploy the Composer Project and it fails each time, check the following:
- Is IIS installed on the machine?
- Make sure IIS is installed and running on the machine that is running Composer.
- If running on IIS 7.5 and Windows 7, does the account used for login have full administrative permissions? If not, the deployment will fail to access metadata with error: location IIS://LocalHost/w3svc Failed. This error appears either in the logs when you try to debug or in the Project Properties > IIS Deployment tab. Ensuring full administrative permissions is best accomplished by using one of two methods:
- Log into your computer by using the local administrator account.
- If logging in using an account with administrative permissions, but the account is not the local administrator account, open Composer by using the "Run as Administrator" option.
- If running on IIS 7 (Windows Vista, Windows 2008) or IIS 7.5 (Windows 7), during the installation of IIS, IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility must be installed. See the section "Configuring in IIS Manager" in the Composer 8.1 Deployment Guide.
- Are the IIS preferences configured correctly?
- Make sure the post-installation configuration steps have been accomplished. Verify the IIS website port.
- To address any potential deployment failures when using IIS, Genesys recommends disabling the User Account Control (UAC) for all Composer supported Windows operating systems (Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Use User Account Control).
- Make sure IIS does not have any existing virtual directory of the .NET Composer Project name in the website where you want to deploy to.
- Make sure the files in the Composer Project have read permissions for all users. The permissions can be set by navigating to the Project in Windows Explorer and using the Security tab in the Properties dialog of the folder.
This page was last edited on March 9, 2015, at 16:48.