|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Composer Code Editors
File > New > <file_type>
Composer provides the ability to hand-code SCXML, VoiceXML, CCXML, GRXML, JSP, and ASP.NET for custom scripts as a part of the application development process. The editors have standard editing capabilities and time-saving features such as a code snippet library, validation checks for errors (during design and save time), and syntax highlighting.
Code Editing Features
The editors provide:
- Standard editing features such as cut, copy, paste, undo, show line numbers, search and replace, bookmarks and TODO markers
- Standard Eclipse Editor features; local file history support, Team support for source code control, compare files.
- The ability to do background validation of the text as the user types, showing squiggly marks for errors as is done in Microsoft Word.
- A Validate option to validate against the schemas.
- A code snippet library with the ability for developers to add their own custom scripts.
- An outline view for quick navigation and the ability to view and edit the XML in tree format.
- Syntax coloring with the ability to customize the colors.
- A spell checking feature; a yellow squiggly line is shown below words that are misspelled.
- Quick-fix choices to fix the spelling or ignore / disable the check.
- Task tags features for setting preferences to auto scan comments with TODO in comments, and automatically add tasks corresponding to these comments.
- Context-sensitive help as the user types in the code
Using the Editors
Composer editors are embedded/integrated within the user interface and are made available to you whenever a .scxml, .vxml, .ccxml, .grxml, or .jsp file is created or accessed within Composer.
For additional information, see Accessing the Editors and Templates.