A Place is a location that has one or more DNs operated by a single agent.
You configure Places and assign individual DNs to them in order to monitor performance and availability of Agents, Agent Groups, and Place Groups, and to provide this information to call-processing applications.
A typical Agent Place consists of two DNs: one DN that an Agent uses to take customer calls, and one DN that the Agent uses to make consultation calls and transfers.
If you are using the multimedia options of the Genesys products, Places may need to be equipped with DNs of other types, such as an e-mail address.
The Places list shows the Places that are in your environment. It is sorted in a hierarchy by Tenants, configuration units, sites, and folders. To view objects by a particular hierarchy, select the hierarchy type in the drop-down menu above the list.
Configuration Manager respects tenancy permission settings. You can access only those objects that you have been granted permissions and privileges to access.
You can filter the contents of this list in two ways:
- Type the name or partial name of an object in the Quick Filter field.
- Click the magnifying glass button to open the Tenant Directory filter panel. In this panel, click the Tenant that you want to select. Use the Quick Filter field in this panel to filter the Tenant list.
You can sort the items in the list by clicking a column head. Clicking a column head a second time reverses the sort order.
To select or de-select multiple objects at once, click the Select button.
Possible Procedures from this Panel
To create a new Place object, click the New button. To view or edit details of an existing object, click on the name of the object, or click the check-box beside an object and click the Edit button.
To delete one or more objects, click the check-box beside the object(s) in the list and click the Delete button. You can also delete individual objects by clicking on the object and then clicking the Delete button.
Otherwise, click the More button to perform the following tasks:
- Clone—Copy a Place.
- Move To—Move a Place to another hierarchical structure.
- Enable or disable Places.
- Create a folder, configuration unit, or site. See Object Hierarchy for more information.
Creating Place Objects
To create a Place object, perform the following actions:
- Go to Configuration > System > Configuration Manager.
- Click Places. The Places list displays.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the following information. For some fields, you can either enter the name of a value or click the
Browse button to select a value from a list:
- Name—The name of this Place. You must specify a value for this property, and that value must be unique within the Configuration Database (in an enterprise environment) or within the Tenant (in a multi-tenant environment).
- Capacity Rule—The Capacity Rule Script associated with this Place.
- Cost Contract—The Cost Contract associated with this Place.
- Site—The Site with which the Capacity Rule and/or Cost Contract is associated. If the Capacity Rule or Cost Contract are associated with a Site, this field is set to that Site.
- Tenant—In a multi-tenant environment, the Tenant to which this object belongs. This value is automatically set to the Tenant that was specified in the Tenant Directory field in the object list.
- State Enabled—If selected, indicates that the object is in regular operating condition and can be used without any restrictions.
- In the DNs tab, click the Add button to add a DN. In the pop-up window, you can create a new object by clicking the New button.
- Perform one of the following actions after you have added a DN to the Place:
- Click the Save button to accept the changes and return to the object list.
- Click the Apply button to accept the changes and remain in the tab.
- Click the Cancel button to discard the changes.
- Click the Save button.