Changing the Template of a Parameter Group
You can change the Parameters that are associated with a Parameter Group and which designated applications the group uses. This cannot be done directly in the Parameter Group, nor in the Parameter Group Template that was used to deploy the Parameter Group.
Use the following procedure to change the template that a Parameter Group uses to a different Parameter Group Template:
- Create a new Parameter Group Template by copying the current Parameter Group Template of the Parameter Group that you want to change. Select the Parameter Group Template.
- In the <Parameter Group name> panel that is displayed to the right, click Change Template.
- In the Change Template panel that is displayed to the right, select the new Parameter Group Template from the Targeted Parameter Group Template field.
- Click Next.
- Review the Summary in the Change Template panel.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
If the existing parameters and/or the designated applications are in the new Parameter Group Template that you want to change them to, then they will be reused. The following content is removed from the changed Paramter Group:
- Parameters that are not in the new Parameter Group Template to which you want to change
- Designated Applications that are not in the new Parameter Group Template to which you want to change
The transaction object that represents the Parameter Group is updated with new parameter set.